Custom Rotary DJ mixer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK so I really REALLY want an old school rotary mixer i.e. Bozak/Urei, but they're well beyond my budget. I have kicking around the house a fully working Citronic SM550 remix (back when they were made by hand in England). I fired it up the other day and it still sounds really nice, not Bozak nice, but better than my Rane MP44.

I thought I'd have a poke around inside and it's certainly well put together and is also totally modular, so no drama there. I'm looking to re-house the bits I want in to a new case with ALPS pots. My question is what pots should I be looking to get?

Haven't sourced the pots yet, there's a place in Germany that list on eBay, which seems safer than getting moody ones from China! I'm going to need around 5/6. How do I work out what size I need? The reason for choosing ALPS is that these are what Bozak used, and most clones released seem to use these.

If by size, you mean the pot value, the value of the original sliders are printed on them.
They are probably in the range 10-47 kohms.......
I'd strongly suggest that you get hold of a schematic if you are trying to rebuild this....
I googled the SM550, - what about the small sliders for EQ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.