Programmer-help for fleabay-remote-kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I have a couple of the cheap remote-volume/input kits based on PGA2310 / CS3310, but they are somewhat crippled by bad programming...

CS3310 Crystal LCD Volume Remote Control Preamplifier Kit Board NEW | eBay

I would pay well for a re-programmed chip that fixes:

1) Remote-code, -need to be a common amplifier-type so any programmable remote can be used, AND not interfer with Squeezebox, as the stock code does...
2) Reduce volume-stepping from 0,5dB to 1dB, a +12-15dB (gain) limit would also been great.

Also need bug-fix for not INcreasing volume when trying to DEcrease.

Anyone up for some reverse-engineering?

Arne K

Attachments

• 11111111remote.jpg
    11111111remote.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Well if its based on a PIC type processor, from what I know of the subject, you would need to interface in order to reprogram.

Whether that means via Bluetooth peripheral, or by a physical 'plug and socket' interface, or by a coded sequence of button presses I do not know.

Are you after a 'joypad' style 'cheat' code? :D

It looks just as likely that this is 'hardware'ish more than anything, perhaps. Maybe the controls are fixed, and the keypad is just wrong/incorrectly wired/badly made?

Is it controlled by a PIC? If it is, is it socketed? There could be more than one PIC, one to read the IR, one to control the PGA2310, maybe even another to read the volume control.

I have built a remote control volume control (using digital pots) and a PGA volume control (using pushbuttons for up/down), different units, both using PICs.

This thing is a lot of trouble to fix. You'd have to disassemble the code, if you can read it, it may be protected, or start from scratch. You really need to see the hardware too.

I can fix it, but it will take hours.

It's cheap, I might buy one. Then it takes days to get here. Tell me first if it uses PIC or Atmel or what? Anybody who wants to fix it needs to know that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.