Discrete Opamp Open Design - Page 277 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st March 2013, 07:03 PM   #2761
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
At 69, Roy Batty would now likely sell his right leg for some genetic Zonulae of Zinn and new skin.
Old 1st March 2013, 07:32 PM   #2762
diyAudio Member

Jacco,
Thanks for your take on the laser surgery. My father wasn't a doctor but was a bio-analyst and I grew up as a kid helping in his medical lab and learned much from him. I worked with him through high school and also have a mother who is an RN and is still working running a clinic at 81 years old. It is too bad they do not have a surgery to correct my eye problem as I have Ambliopia in one eye as they missed that when I was younger and it was to late when they figured that out. I still have a recurve bow sitting in my room and luckily one eye is all that is needed for that. I did drive cars faster than any of my friends but stayed away from organized racing and flying figuring they would not let me with my vision compromised in one eye. I am a swimmer, played water polo, Kayaked around one of the islands in Hawaii and have always stayed active. I can still ride my road bike and could drop most of my friends on a ride as I grew up riding in the hills and not on the flats like they did. Life can throw you a curve ball and all you can do is hit it or catch it, but I haven't let it stop me yet.

Steven
Old 2nd March 2013, 02:20 AM   #2763
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacco vermeulen View Post
Ah, but Mr John is much more interesting to read. (and likely beats me by a mile on the pragmatic front)
haha, but without the ever-present, less than subtle sexual innuendo present in your posts, pucker peeper, snake, penetrate from any angle... lol
Old 2nd March 2013, 03:08 AM   #2764
bcarso is offline bcarso  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
haha, but without the ever-present, less than subtle sexual innuendo present in your posts, pucker peeper, snake, penetrate from any angle... lol
I don't get out near enough either.
Old 2nd March 2013, 12:33 PM   #2765
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
less than subtle
Sorry about that, I have to make up for my lack of intelligence.

As a comfort, my routine is identical on all web audio fora, in English, French (e.g. homecinema-fr.com), German (analog-forum.de), Spanish (Argentina), Portugese (Brasil), Italian.
Norwegian/Swedish/Danish fora are so boring, I just read the interesting bits, don't bother to learn to write on them.
I just adore slang words.

(Trust me, I'm far more coarse in the real, even my own family calls me banal. Vision the pierced/tattooed cliché, all-covered in scars, the neighbor you never wanted. stupid things we've done)

Last edited by jacco vermeulen; 2nd March 2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 2nd March 2013, 06:35 PM   #2766
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Sorry about that, I have to make up for my lack of intelligence.
haha yeah right Jacco, thats some funny words right there.

dont take me the wrong way (not speaking figuratively, ahh crap now youve got me doing it!) I dont expect, or even want subtlety, besides its not always guaranteed to cross language barriers anyway.

I simply meant that John is mostly speaking without that element, not that I would prefer you to post without it.
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:13 AM   #2767
diyAudio Member

Awesome job!

My problem is not only my eyes but also my fingers shaking and that shking gets "boosted" by the soldering iron´s length. Just shaking a mm at the soldering iron tip makes it hard to solder any SMD :-(
And no, I am not having abstinence ;-)

Any ideas to fix this problem? Even taking a drug would be a viable solution for my few hours of soldering needs.

Sorry to hear about you being laid off - I know how it can be :-(

/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsavas View Post
SMT soldering OT:
Hear is a picture of my latest creation, soldered using a 10x Loupe and my new magnifying head band from Amidon, no stereo microscope needed, although I have used a Leica in the past and they do help to speed things up, make sure to get one with the small circular fluorescent ring lamp.
I think Scott's suggestion of a USB based camera is the way to go.
You need two soldering irons as a must, it is the easiest way to remove/replace a two pad passive SMT part.
Good luck all, I am waiting to see what creations the members can come up with. I liked Scott's prototype as well.
P.S. Was laided off yesterday, any one offering jobs in the Toronto area, send me a PM,
Cheers
Rick
Old 3rd March 2013, 01:45 PM   #2768
diyAudio Member

Staccatiss,
Try resting your wrist on something, some form of a steady rest for the arms, this could help to dampen the motion at your fingers as it is just as plausible that your arms are shaking a little and being amplified out at your fingertips.
Old 3rd March 2013, 01:54 PM   #2769
diyAudio Member

yep, thats good advice, like with taking photos, if you can keep your arms as close in to your 'trunk' as possible as well, this may help.
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:08 PM   #2770
rsavas is offline rsavas  Canada
diyAudio Member

When soldering SMDs, I always work with my both my elbows resting against the work bench.I have shirts with holes in the elbows, as proof :-).
As for drugs, well, a small toke is a reliable & proven method to calm ones nerves. I have Crohns disease, it works well for settling down my guts when they are acting up.
Cheers Rick

Hide this!Advertise here!