Discrete Opamp Open Design - Page 228 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th November 2012, 03:03 AM   #2271
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fas42 View Post
I disapprove ... the test gear is not suitably mounted on isolation feet, and then on an audiophile prescribed rack system!

Frank
What! you don't like my stack system?
Old 30th November 2012, 03:25 AM   #2272
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to linuxguru
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
I will change it because I would have anyway. BTW my Hindi friends at work don't know what the problem is.
Kevin Cosner was heavily sanctioned for giving a slight kiss to a Bollywood star in public.
I can assure you that there isn't a problem, but it's your choice anyway. BTW, the artwork is really cool - baby-faced Shiva with blue-skin and red hair, with prominent ash marks across the forehead. Probably late 19th or early 20th Travancore or Tanjore artwork, but could have been derived in turn from earlier North Indian or Nepalese art, where they tend to use charcoal or purple to designate the skin tone of Shiva.

It was Richard Gere who gave the friendly kiss in the air, and the recipient had no objections. However, there were a usual bunch of trouble-making 3rd-parties that filed a complaint of public nuisance, and an idiot magistrate who took cognisance of the complaint. Just bad luck for Richard Gere, who is apparently an ardent Buddhist...

* end of politics *
Old 30th November 2012, 03:43 AM   #2273
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxguru View Post
* end of politics *
Thanks for the correction, I spent two weeks in India on my own coin with Habitat for Humanity building a lot of homes in Lanavla and I have the deepest respect for all the variety of beliefs. I'll get back to my breadboard on Saturday.
Old 30th November 2012, 03:56 AM   #2274
diyAudio Member

Quote:
What! you don't like my stack system?
I rate that stacking as particularly uninspired, especially compared to the originality in the discrete opamps presented in this thread. Unfortunately I don't have a photo showing how I used to stack a microwave power meter, frequency counter, spectrum analyzer, and sweep generator in the superstructure of a satellite earth station antenna.

By the way . . . what is the test equipment list (Mfgr/model #)?

Dale

p.s. - I see generally how the SW-OPA works but even with Scott's "Circuit Description" document, and several hours of poking around with LTSpice, I can't work out a real analysis of the VAS and output stages.
Old 30th November 2012, 04:07 AM   #2275
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to linuxguru
Quote:
...I spent two weeks in India on my own coin with Habitat for Humanity building a lot of homes in Lanavla...
Way cool, and hats off to you and Jimmy Carter and his wife, who did something similar a few years ago, even at his age.

But no praise for Brad Pitt, who landed up at the same location with a bunch of papparazzi, was photographed hammering a few nails, had coffee with the Carters, and quickly vanished after that.
Old 30th November 2012, 05:03 AM   #2276
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxguru View Post
Way cool, and hats off to you and Jimmy Carter and his wife, who did something similar a few years ago, even at his age.

But no praise for Brad Pitt, who landed up at the same location with a bunch of papparazzi, was photographed hammering a few nails, had coffee with the Carters, and quickly vanished after that.
He did hang around a little, his bodyguards were more hostile than Jimmy's secret service agents. The security for Mr. Carter in general was amazingly invisible but when needed they were very obvious.
Old 30th November 2012, 06:33 AM   #2277
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Not that ugly...
Scott what is that multi-input pod on your testbench?
Looks like a logic analyzer pod but has written Analog on it...

jan
Old 30th November 2012, 06:57 AM   #2278
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
Scott what is that multi-input pod on your testbench? . . .
Read about the Digilent "Analog Discovery Design Kit" at :
and:
It has received passing mention a few times on this Forum; e.g. Post #2022 in this thread. It certainly looks like a useful tool - though if I had the money for it, I'd have to first decide whether it was a supplement, or a replacement, or a duplication, of my Tek TDS1002.

Dale
Old 30th November 2012, 06:57 AM   #2279
qusp is offline qusp  Australia
diyAudio Member

I believe its part of the AnalogDevices DSO type analyzer that Scott is involved in testing and giving feedback for. looks good and after Scott has finished and maybe theyve done a software update I may just grab one

oops too slow =)
Old 30th November 2012, 07:26 AM   #2280
diyAudio Member

Neat! I think I need one...
Thanks for the heads-up guys!

jan

Hide this!Advertise here!