Discrete Opamp Open Design - Page 201 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th November 2012, 03:47 AM   #2001
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarso View Post
Almost certainly a 76. 75 was quite poor in general.
I stand corrected. Please excuse an ex-wino's memory.

It was a long time ago but I do remember going back to the merchant and buying every bottle he had though it was the most expensive bottle I'd bought at that time.

I see La Mancha is a large wine region so ignore anything I said about it

Last edited by kgrlee; 6th November 2012 at 03:51 AM.
Old 6th November 2012, 04:15 AM   #2002
fas42 is offline fas42  Australia
diyAudio Member

The late 70's must have been good times for reds; my most memorable red was a Mudgee Huntington Estate Cabernet, from that period -- yes, very local, and at a very reasonable price in a restaurant of that town no less, but especially notable because it instantly converted my wife into a red wine lover. Having a Grange some years later was a bit of letdown in some ways, after all the hype: you could taste the quality in the Penfolds wine, but the Mudgee effort was one of those "you can't imagine it getting any better than this" experiences ...

Frank
Old 6th November 2012, 04:31 AM   #2003
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgrlee View Post
Sonitus, will you oblige us with your LTspice file so us wannabe SPICE gurus can have a play? Also your Rush-Rush version?
Will do that tonight, but mind you, PNP transistors (I think) will show up-side down, 'cos I use my own simbol, so you need to correct this.

Also, if you like numbers and low current consumption, go for discrete AD797 with J-fet input, it's a masterpiece (thank you Scott.
Old 6th November 2012, 05:07 AM   #2004
bcarso is offline bcarso  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fas42 View Post
The late 70's must have been good times for reds; my most memorable red was a Mudgee Huntington Estate Cabernet, from that period -- yes, very local, and at a very reasonable price in a restaurant of that town no less, but especially notable because it instantly converted my wife into a red wine lover. Having a Grange some years later was a bit of letdown in some ways, after all the hype: you could taste the quality in the Penfolds wine, but the Mudgee effort was one of those "you can't imagine it getting any better than this" experiences ...

Frank
For French Burgundy, 1969, 1970, 1971, and 1972 was an almost unprecedented run of quite decent to very nice vintages. I'm not sure about the rest of the world.

I love the exceptions to the rule, and the "how could it get better than this" experiences. I cherish the folks I converted from "don't pour anything special for me, I just don't appreciate it" to solid wine aficionados. Particularly with reds.
Old 6th November 2012, 07:23 AM   #2005
diyAudio Member

Looks I have a lot more to learn here than I initially thought as I only have an understanding for Scotch whiskey
Old 6th November 2012, 09:12 AM   #2006
diyAudio Member

Default 1976 Rumier Bonnes Mares

A 1976 Rumier Bonnes Mares is a really rare piece of wine! Priced at around 450 USD. Heck, I can get me a short for that price

Was it still OK and not too oxidised?

20 years ago i dreamed about drinkng a Romane-Conti from domain Romanee-Conti but today I have given that dreamp up ...

/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
I don't go for it much lately, but we did enjoy a 1976 Rumier Bonnes Mares a few weeks ago, but then again I don't think there is a two buck pinot noir.
Old 6th November 2012, 10:04 AM   #2007
bcarso is offline bcarso  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staccatiss View Post
20 years ago i dreamed about drinking a Romanee-Conti from domaine Romanee-Conti but today I have given that dream up ...
Never give up, although it's true that for most of us, the only chance for such will be due to the largesse of a very rich friend, or at least a collector who got started very early in life.
Old 6th November 2012, 02:29 PM   #2008
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staccatiss View Post
A 1976 Rumier Bonnes Mares is a really rare piece of wine! Priced at around 450 USD. Heck, I can get me a short for that price

Was it still OK and not too oxidised?

20 years ago i dreamed about drinkng a Romane-Conti from domain Romanee-Conti but today I have given that dreamp up ...

/S
Brad is right choose your friends wisely, I think the $29.95 tag was still on the bottle. Also choose friends that are brutally honest and don't worship what they love. The wine was in perfect condition but I find Roumier a little too "polite" for me. I drank it anyway.

The 70's were 50/50 you also have 1973, 1974, 1975, 1977, 1979 where the 1977's were scandalous (should have been distilled). I tasted the DRC's on release and those around the table were in disbelief (they ended up all being recalled). This was the end of the way it was, global warming (they say) is now making all vintages marketable, right.

Last edited by scott wurcer; 6th November 2012 at 02:37 PM.
Old 6th November 2012, 04:26 PM   #2009
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparatusonitus View Post
Will do that tonight, but mind you, PNP transistors (I think) will show up-side down, 'cos I use my own simbol, so you need to correct this.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Rush-Rush opamp.asc.txt (8.6 KB, 34 views)
File Type: txt Sansui-Rush Opamp.asc.txt (8.4 KB, 28 views)
Old 6th November 2012, 05:07 PM   #2010
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to linuxguru
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
... I don't think there is a two buck pinot noir.
There were several until Hollywood released 'Sideways' and screwed my happiness. Now the total number of US-imported cases of French Pinot Noir is 100x the official numbers of *all* production of Pinot Noir in France.
Do the math, most of the stuff is likely to be Syrah-Merlot rebadged as Pinot Noir - most sheeple can't tell the difference. Real Pinot Noir has a distinctive steely edge in the finish - a bit like licking antique ironware.

The 2-buck *real* Pinot Noir, but grown in Coastal CA or OR, was Nathanson Creek, available at Safeway. That's one of several inexpensive gems from the US that I miss in Bangalore; Ghirardelli chocolates are another.

Hide this!Advertise here!