Discrete Opamp Open Design

Jacco,
Thanks for your take on the laser surgery. My father wasn't a doctor but was a bio-analyst and I grew up as a kid helping in his medical lab and learned much from him. I worked with him through high school and also have a mother who is an RN and is still working running a clinic at 81 years old. It is too bad they do not have a surgery to correct my eye problem as I have Ambliopia in one eye as they missed that when I was younger and it was to late when they figured that out. I still have a recurve bow sitting in my room and luckily one eye is all that is needed for that. I did drive cars faster than any of my friends but stayed away from organized racing and flying figuring they would not let me with my vision compromised in one eye. I am a swimmer, played water polo, Kayaked around one of the islands in Hawaii and have always stayed active. I can still ride my road bike and could drop most of my friends on a ride as I grew up riding in the hills and not on the flats like they did. Life can throw you a curve ball and all you can do is hit it or catch it, but I haven't let it stop me yet.

Steven

less than subtle

Sorry about that, I have to make up for my lack of intelligence.

As a comfort, my routine is identical on all web audio fora, in English, French (e.g. homecinema-fr.com), German (analog-forum.de), Spanish (Argentina), Portugese (Brasil), Italian.
Norwegian/Swedish/Danish fora are so boring, I just read the interesting bits, don't bother to learn to write on them.
I just adore slang words.

(Trust me, I'm far more coarse in the real, even my own family calls me banal. Vision the pierced/tattooed cliché, all-covered in scars, the neighbor you never wanted. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/170417-stupid-things-weve-done.html)

Last edited:
Sorry about that, I have to make up for my lack of intelligence.

haha yeah right Jacco, thats some funny words right there.

dont take me the wrong way (not speaking figuratively, ahh crap now youve got me doing it!) I dont expect, or even want subtlety, besides its not always guaranteed to cross language barriers anyway.

I simply meant that John is mostly speaking without that element, not that I would prefer you to post without it.

Awesome job!

My problem is not only my eyes but also my fingers shaking and that shking gets "boosted" by the soldering iron´s length. Just shaking a mm at the soldering iron tip makes it hard to solder any SMD :-(
And no, I am not having abstinence ;-)

Any ideas to fix this problem? Even taking a drug would be a viable solution for my few hours of soldering needs.

Sorry to hear about you being laid off - I know how it can be :-(

/S

SMT soldering OT:
Hear is a picture of my latest creation, soldered using a 10x Loupe and my new magnifying head band from Amidon, no stereo microscope needed, although I have used a Leica in the past and they do help to speed things up, make sure to get one with the small circular fluorescent ring lamp.
I think Scott's suggestion of a USB based camera is the way to go.
You need two soldering irons as a must, it is the easiest way to remove/replace a two pad passive SMT part.
Good luck all, I am waiting to see what creations the members can come up with. I liked Scott's prototype as well.
P.S. Was laided off yesterday, any one offering jobs in the Toronto area, send me a PM,
Cheers
Rick

When soldering SMDs, I always work with my both my elbows resting against the work bench.I have shirts with holes in the elbows, as proof :).
As for drugs, well, a small toke is a reliable & proven method to calm ones nerves. I have Crohns disease, it works well for settling down my guts when they are acting up.
Cheers Rick

rsavas,
That is my point, you are resting on the elbows, try and make something as simple as two thick books to rest your wrist on and see if this doesn't diminish the movement at your hands. As qusp pointed out this is a common trick in photography to lesson shaking of a camera and getting a blurry picture. It sounds like you could use a trip down to the Emerald Triangle in Mendocino County for your meds! I have a cousin who has suffered through Crohn's disease for many years and the medications given for that are not very nice, the side effects can be almost as bad as the primary disease. To many steroids and other nasty meds, if your natural remedy works I am all for that.

It sounds like you could use a trip down to the Emerald Triangle in Mendocino County for your meds!
Thx for the advise, we have BC as well :) It is as simple as a seed!! +NPK +CO2 + H2O +photons, I like life to be as simple as you can make it.
I take some Pentasa for the guts as well. I tried Immuran, at the advise of new GI doc and after surgery this past summer. After a month on Immuran my pancreas acted up, so I took myself off them, Okay back to electronics discussion.
Cheers

Last edited:
All things relative, speaking of, I had the opportunity to talk to Billy-Bob Gates III when he did his 1st global university speech tour in the '90s.
Now even richer, and I'm still not at his level back then. :clown:

(not about becoming rich. some folks' every-day quality of life can be greatly enhanced, by making aids available that combine functionality & practicality at bottom cost. either it's not there, or at a rate for the happy few)

Not being in the USA, I guess that either Holland or Reperbahn in Germany is the place to go instead :D I am just a normal guy and do not know much about the drug market....my beta blockers for high blood pressure surely helps a bit :)

Thanks for the tips, guys!
I will try that book-thing.

Thx for the advise, we have BC as well :) It is as simple as a seed!! +NPK +CO2 + H2O +photons, I like life to be as simple as you can make it.
I take some Pentasa for the guts as well. I tried Immuran, at the advise of new GI doc and after surgery this past summer. After a month on Immuran my pancreas acted up, so I took myself off them, Okay back to electronics discussion.
Cheers