Discrete Opamp Open Design

Now I know what the three people across from me in the other apartment building were doing last night until about 2:30.

Besides making a hell of a racket, and demonstrating that they all lacked day jobs, they left the drapes open so all (within range) could see them cavorting. Why?? They weren't much to look at. When they finally quit they closed the drapes.

But now I can appreciate their gyrations as having been pedagogically motivated. :D

Right. They were mathematicians that designed some discrete opamp, drunk some wine, then started dancing. :D

We are going to use standard Miller compensation techniques?
FET990 from #2060 and SW-OPA certainly aren't 'standard Miller compensation'.
The JE990 with a FET front end is SOTA?
#2060 is stone age but with SOTA performance :D

Then I gotta hitch hike across the Pacific with a dead kangaroo as my contribution to the eats :D

Last edited:
While yall were imbibing I've been tempted to post the schematic of this (on page 2) and ask if there could possibly be anything wrong with using it for audio. It says right on the data sheet "Wide Bandwidth."

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm124-n.pdf

Moderator I think you should remove all those posts about wine, this is DIY forum.
Damir
Be careful what you ask for, the most knowledgeable posters may end up starting up a DIY winemaking forum and abandoning this crazy audio-and-electronics thing!

Last edited:
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
While yall were imbibing I've been tempted to post the schematic of this (on page 2) and ask if there could possibly be anything wrong with using it for audio. It says right on the data sheet "Wide Bandwidth."

http://www.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/lm124-n.pdf

:rofl:

A friend who worked for Compaq considered the discovery that the 324, output-loaded to run class A, could be made to sound marginally acceptable for audio to be highly proprietary :) I would add that the standards for acceptable were not too terribly high.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Change subject from wine to watches -

Time to go back on topic:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Great watch ! Creative. hey! Anyone besides me collect watches. Maybe we can have a short run with watches after the wine? Lke a good qaulity wine, quality watch prices keep going up with time.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
On the day after burning amp Steve Wozniac was at UC Davis sporting a big watch. I know I wasn't alone trying to figure it out. A student asked what Hi tech thing it was and he promptly showed us a nixie tube watch! He explained to the students what a nixie tube was and how it ran off a PIC. He said you could bathe with it on but TSA didn't like it much.

Sorry guys I'm having one of those work related moments, promise to reel this in again soon. Dick my appologies, being a blue collar guy my opinions on the good life were dismissed for years and I developed a bit of a chip on my shoulder.

OTHO this is sort of what high school kids do when the teacher leaves the room.

Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Softer is better

Sorry guys I'm having one of those work related moments, promise to reel this in again soon. Dick my appologies, being a blue collar guy my opinions on the good life were dismissed for years and I developed a bit of a chip on my shoulder.
[So that's where the biting sarcasim comes from...] Its a wonderfully open and honest statement about yourself and only makes me like you more. Thx-RNM

All have a quiet, peaceful Turkey Day.

You too, ironicly we have a totally traditional American dinner with Beaujolais Nouveau. I know SY lusts for his Tofurkey and 2 buck chuck.

Attachments

• 61JqLcMdxZL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    61JqLcMdxZL__SL500_AA300_.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 295