Musical Fidelity Pre Amp II - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th August 2012, 07:23 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Musical Fidelity Pre Amp II

I have finished tri amping my 3 Doctor Thomas's with seperate powers supplies and now want to have a fiddle with my pre amp. I have noticed since getting the circuit it has LF353 op amps has anyone got suggestions for a better replacement.?
Old 20th August 2012, 01:07 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I am surprised amongst all you Fanatics that nobody can come up with a better alternative to the LF353 op amp, surely someone has some thoughts ?
Old 20th August 2012, 01:17 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

You need a dual jfet input opamp with the same pinout. Is there a particular problem you're addressing by wanting to replace them? If you really want to replace them, then I'd go to the National.com website and look around.
Old 20th August 2012, 02:17 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default LF353

Nothing in particular appears wrong with my pre amp but since getting back into messing around with my Hi Fi and tweaking things including a Marantz CD-94 I though the pre amp might benefit from a tweak. The ic I have found is an Analogue Devices AD 823 which seems to be a drop in replacement for the LF353 and they are not to expensive.
Old 20th August 2012, 02:19 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserSoft View Post
Nothing in particular appears wrong with my pre amp but since getting back into messing around with my Hi Fi and tweaking things including a Marantz CD-94 I though the pre amp might benefit from a tweak. The ic I have found is an Analogue Devices AD 823 which seems to be a drop in replacement for the LF353 and they are not to expensive.
It's lower noise and lower distortion so if it fits then that's a good choice.
Old 20th August 2012, 02:25 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the comment, I have an off board MM phono stage using Linear Technology ic's so the only function of the pre amp is the volume control and the Class A output stage it has. I find the output stage useful as it drives the 3 Musical Fidelity Doctor Thomas's I have without any strain.

Hide this!Advertise here!