diy Pre-amp question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

As a digital electronics designer working a lot with FPGA's I was thinking about a project where I want to use an FPGA as DSP in a preamp.
for a first test/version I am thinking about hooking up the fpga between an AD and a DA converter. just a stereo line-level source.
Does anyone ever try such a build? I got some FPGA development kits, but they have no AD/DA converters suitable for high-end audio solutions.

anyone know of a board/kit/IC I could use for this?

thanks

No matter what is used, DSP, ARM or FPGA, the software to configure the device has to be simple, easy and free. (DIYers are cheap.) Nobody wants to have to understand how it works. They just want it to work as they desire.

I do not care if my computer runs Win XP, Win 7, Unix or Linux and has an Intel, AMD or ARM processor. I just want to double click on Firefox and get to the Internet.

Same goes for any digital signal processing. Most folks do not and won't take the time to really understand digital signal processing, regardless of how it's done. They just want something easy to deal with that gets the job done. MiniDSP has got the right idea, IMHO.

Because I have a few FPGA development kits lying around, because I know the software,
And because I want to see how much I could get out of the FPGA, just curiosity. And to get some more experience in using fpga based dsp for my professional life.
Also because I have experience with working with them, and the needed tools to work with them.

About the blackfin... I have some experience with a blackfin development kit (A 533 model I think), and the tooling with it is terribly instable and user-unfriendly (visualDSP).

That being said, the only thing I need is a AD/DA pcb/development kit/board to make use of it..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.