$150-200$ Preamp Build?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys, i want to build an preamp for my PC, i already build some amps, but my new sound card have an analog optput that need to be used with an preamp.

What recommend me? mainly i want to attenuate the level output. dont want to spend more than 200USD. If is possible to build osmething cheap with good specs will be great!

Regards

Considering I'd prefer not to use normal pc soundcards above 0,4-0,6V output, suprisingly many tend to distort, even some of the supposed good ones. I think it is very reasonable to have some sort of buffer with volume on the analog out.

I have not tried any of these products, but from ska-audio you can get: SKpre + DualSKpreReg and a transformer and you're good to go, price seems very reasonable. Alternatively you can go for the cheaper Vbuffer solution.

Another very valid alternative would be a proper usb dac of some sort.

Edit:
What is the name of your sound card?

Last edited:
hi guys, the Sound Card are high quality one. I want to purchase/build some good one.

The sound card is an Onkyo SE-200.

•Signal-noise ratio: 115dB (2ch ANALOG OUT)
•Frequency characteristic: 0.3Hz~88kHz( 2ch ANALOG OUT , +0/-3dB )
•Line output level: 2.0V rms
•Digital IN sampling frequency: 32, 44.1 and 48, 88.2, 96kHz
•Digital OUT sampling frequency :32, 44.1 and 48, 88.2, 96kHz, 176.4, 192kHz

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.