Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th July 2012, 10:31 AM   #1
ataul is offline ataul  Bangladesh
diyAudio Member

Default Need sub woofer controller

Have any body Sub woofer controller circuit diagram ? please send me. I have already visit ESP project.
Old 15th July 2012, 11:16 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

i guess you meen active sub filter. here is a finiched board.
Sub Active Filter Board, SubWoofer PCB, Auto Power ON | eBay
Old 22nd July 2012, 03:09 PM   #3
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Cute little board on e-bay. But,
You want a sub controller, so you know you are looking for more than just a crossover. There are several approaches. One is the LT kind of circuit if you are doing a sealed sub. (On ESP) Another is more of a parametric filter. (also on ESP) Years ago there was one product that was a 5 band eq for 250 Hz and below with a crossover. Nifty. You could adjust the frequencies and Q of any equalizer circuit to do this. Again, I think ESP has a project like that. Another approach is to use a DXC or MiniDSP. Far more flexible. I recommend you visit the Linkwitz site and read what he has to say about sub controllers. My experience, the variable phase is useless. I move my subs around and do better by making use of the room.

Evaluate your needs carefully. Right now, none of my three systems with subs use any eq. The rooms combine with my speaker designs to be just about right. Only one of the systems has an external crossover. Again, by designing as a system, the two smaller systems with plate amps use the internal crossover. Only my main system where I run two subs off a Parasound amp has a complete 4th order two way LR crossover. A modified Behringer actually. One of these days I should build a nice FET high pass instead. Anyone got a good handy design?
Old 22nd July 2012, 10:34 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to siouxiebuff
http://lcaudio.dk/pdfs/subfilter.pdf
Old 22nd July 2012, 11:07 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Nice. Combination of a parametric filter and a crossover. I very much like the 4th order on the woofer so you don't localize it. Second at 80 Hz ( THX) I can. The two systems where I use a plate, the subs are very close to the mains, so 60 Hz second works OK. The above mentioned design would still need an additional crossover for the mains.

I did run across a FET crossover design on Enjoy the Music.
Old 23rd July 2012, 01:16 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Reckhorn is another option.
Old 23rd July 2012, 02:02 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to siouxiebuff
I would seal the mains and use a LT-cirquit creating an acoustical HP function = 12 dB/oct @ 80 Hz Q=0,707 in series with a conventional 12 dB/oct @ 80 Hz Q=0,707 HP-filter to create a perfect 4:th order LR HP-function.
You could also use just a plain 12 dB/oct HP-filter leg like in most surround receivers, but then I would use a 30 dB/oct LP-filter with adjustable Q to make provisions for optimal integration.
I also like steep LP-filters. They really make a difference.
Old 24th July 2012, 04:33 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

the subfilter i linked to has the same adjustments as the LCaudio circut.

Hide this!Advertise here!