Repairing my balanced inputs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of the 'balanced input' channels on my pre-amp has totally failed. The other channel works perfectly, and the three 'line level' inputs all work fine.

I am not sure how to work out how I can repair this.

There are a couple of SSM2141 chips near the balanced input. Could it be that one of these has died?

Thanks,

George

There are two SSM2141 IC next to each other.

Measuring the DC voltage from ground (on the case) to Pin 6:
Left channel: 0V
Right channel: -13V

So, on the right channel we seem to have nearly the same voltage on pin 6 (output) as on pin 4 (-Vee). Pin 6 is -13V and pin 4 is -14.5V

Does this mean that the SSM2141 chip is kaput and needs replacing?

Thanks, George

I have measured the voltage. I did this from ground on the case to the pin 6 (output)

Right channel: 0V
Left channel: -13V

Interestingly, this is very close to the voltage on pin 4 (-Vee). -14.5V compared with -13V.

Does this mean that one of my SSM2141s is kaput?

George

It worked!!!

I replaced the SSM2141 chip with a new one from Farnell. My Linn RoomAmp is working perfectly.

I am dead chuffed as this was not an expensive piece of kit new. Okay, it do not cost me much at all, but it is really great to have kept it out of the bin.

Thanks all for your help,

George

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.