Help to make a pcb for portable stereo preamp ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

May be somebody could help me to make a PCB for my stereo preamp : the power circuit is based on a flyback LT1372 and a LT1172 for the 48 v

And that 1512 and lt 1097 for the dc offset lm 4562 for the baxandall volume and a cmoy headphone .

My problem is : i don't know how to make a PCB

Here's some pictures of my proto :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

You would need software to draw the traces and pads. MS Paint works but it would be quite painful. There are free ones available, just for doing PCBs. Do a search for "free PCB software".

Then you would also need to know how to lay out a PCB. Putting things in the right places and with the right spacing etc can sometimes make a big difference. But there are threads on here where much of that is explained.

To actually fabricate the PCB, once you already have the layout, is not that difficult. Take a look at Easy PCB (Printed Circuit Board) Fabrication, Using Laser Printer Toner Transfer, with a Household Clothes Iron and Glossy Inkjet Photo Paper; DIY at Home; Better AND Cheaper than Press-n-Peel ( PnP / P-n-P )! Making, Cheap , Economical , fastest fas , for my way of doing it, which uses mostly-already-locally-available materials and chemicals. There are now lots of pages about making PCBs at home, I think. And you can get blank PCBs from places like mouser.com or by searching for FR4 on ebay.com.

Or, if you have a "real" PCB software package, it will make Gerber files and an Excellon drill file for you, and you can email them to someplace like 4pcb.com and have boards made without ever having to deal with a human being.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited:
A single board at 4pcb.com will be very expensive.
I think Radio Shack sells everything you will need: boards, transfer paper, etching acids, etc . . .
Another rout for free software is software which some manufacturers offer for designing boards to be manufactured at their facilities only. For example, Advanced Circuits (a.k.a. 4PCB.com) offers free download of their design software "PCB Artist" I've found it quite powerful, though not so easy to use, and they offer on-line support. The catch is, PCB Artist will not make Gerbers, or any other file that any other PCB manufacturer can use. That's why its free. However, you may be able to print a screen-shot onto some Press-n-Peel or glossy photo paper.
sneeky sneeky!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.