Modifying Maplin preamp kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With the volume pot turned down almost all the way, just enough to hear, and with the power on, the signal does not sound distorted.

I hope that I made it clear that the signal was only distorted with low voltages connected to the opamp supply (1.5V and 3V, also from batteries), and was completely silent with a higher voltage battery (9V), as if the opamp was dragging the signal down.

You remove R2 and R6?

They are soldered onto the PCB, shorting them seems to make no difference to the way the circuit behaves.

Is C3/C6 the right way around?

Just triple checked and they are the right way around.

Internal compensation for unity gain?
Output short protection cutting in?

I'm not sure how to check for these, however I don't think the output is shorted, as the volume of the signal is not massively reduced compared to being plugged straight in.

Thanks, Matt

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
And yes the picture and schematic pic are different.
Normaly the electrolytics are marked + on the board...the board should be correct..looking at the picture on the schematic makes me think check/ trace the board and make sure it matches the schematic..

Yawn..Laters

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.