Aragon 47k Schematics? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th May 2012, 01:13 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Aragon 47k Schematics?

Hi guys.

Does anyone have a schematic for the Aragon 47k? I know it is simple (I own one) but I am too lazy to go through and identify every part in there.

One channel is a bit down in gain it seems (about 3dB) so I am going to gut it and rebuild it with 'boutique' parts for 'gits and shiggles'. It might even function when I get done with it... Seems like a simple enough project for my skill set (or lack thereof).

I would also appreciate any tips or tricks I should know if you were going to undertake this project. Such as replacing any component values etc. Otherwise, it will be a straight rebuild. (just better quality and tighter tolerance)

Anyone?
Old 25th November 2013, 11:58 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Bumping this up because this project might actually happen soon!

I acheived this by having someone else do the work for me...

He will match and replace all components in each channel, but a schematic (and any tips on improvement and/or specific suggestions for replacement components) are greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Old 28th November 2013, 03:10 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Let me know how it turns out. I have one sitting around, currently not in use. It had sounded kind of lean and clinical, and I wonder if that is the typical sound of the unit and if the work you are going to have done on it will change it. I hope it sounds great. Thanks Norm
Old 10th July 2014, 07:18 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by normo View Post
Let me know how it turns out. I have one sitting around, currently not in use. It had sounded kind of lean and clinical, and I wonder if that is the typical sound of the unit and if the work you are going to have done on it will change it. I hope it sounds great. Thanks Norm
HI.Im also looking for the schematics.Found one of these but the XLR conector on the power supply is missing and I don't now which cable goes were ( red,black and white).
Old 10th July 2014, 07:24 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I'm interested in this as well - I have one lying around and under utilized. I'm curious - which power supply are you using - I have the baseline PSU and was wondering about the value of upgrading to something like IPS or maybe even something DIY.
Old 12th July 2014, 12:23 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

I have one as well!!!

I have had it for about 15 years.

Actually I think mine is the 24K but probably use the same power supply.

I got it with a open transformer primary, I need the schematic so that I can make sure that there wasn't anything that made the transformer go out as it had a fuse built in to it.

It came from Florida, so it could have been just a power surge or it could have been lightening, Who Knows!!!

I don't think the output voltages are marked on it either and may be why I haven't fixed it yet.

It has been a very long time since I have even looked at it as it has just been sitting on a shelf ever since I got it with my Apogee Duette's.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Cheers!!

jer

Last edited by geraldfryjr; 12th July 2014 at 12:28 AM.
Old 12th July 2014, 12:49 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

If anyone as a power supply ILDK-19 Ill appreciate directions on which cable goes into which pin on the XLR.

Hide this!Advertise here!