Broskie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can someone tell me how I purchase products at the TubeCAD yahoo store?
I have been trying to get their online parts selector to work, but all I get is an option to add a selector switch! I wish to purchase a board and populate it with all the necessities! I have a case and dials so far!
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Francis

Browsing the yahoo store I find much of this over my head, but I had built the GG Pre-Amp kit in the past, but I am a novice at best, is there help in assembling a kit? I have other questions also, but would like to get started with (PURCHASING) and assembling the Unbanlancer as line-amp. In your opinion if a novice like myself wanted to build his own line amplifier which type/circuit would be a good choice?
Francis

I just purchased the Octal board, this will be my fifth or sixth tube project and this one will be a little more challenging . While John offers a excellent product he does not offer much hand holding in the support end. He assumes you ether have tube building knowledge or are willing to research the info you need. I have been reading his Tube cad journal and have to admit it is bit over my head and plan to pick up some more reading material. I think Morgan Jones new book may be in order.

Bill

I have the following tubes now: pr. 6GM8/ECC86, pr.12AU7/ECC82, 4pr.12AT7WC
I would like to build without buying more tubes, so the choices are there! I would like to build a Low Voltage line amp also, but need to pair the 6GM8 with another suitable tube...
Any thoughts on this?

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
bias resistors are certainly not missing
plenty of those(attached picture)
you only need to figure out which one

manual seems quite comprehensive, and detailed
but ofcourse, all still nonsense if you have no clew how a tube amp works
been looking at my kit for about a week now, and beginning to understand it :D

edit, and using non listed tubes ofcourse doesnt make it any easier

Attachments

• IMG_6681.JPG
    IMG_6681.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 108
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.