Output transformers for Line-level signal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all

As this is my first post here you may asume that I just found out what a soldering iron is but actually I have been using it for years, but today I really found out what I can do with it.

As I am starting to actually understand some components and which way I shoud use a resiston in my schematics, found out that output transformer is very interesting thing...

So now I am building a tube pre amp for my studio. I have already finished scetching and the filtering section, some interesting controls and output stage with E88CC (first part is not that important).

So I have my E88CC as a final stage and I would like to end with something like output transformer.
I designed it up to match with Lundahl LL5402 or EDCOR XS 1100 but sadly I didn't manage to get them.
Instead I desided to buy OEP A262A2E

But then I found out that I know nothing about using one.
And now I am here asking.

1) If transformer is marked as 1+1:2+2 does it mean I could do stereo with it?
2) If transformer is marked 2:1 can I use it as 1:2 by just swaping primary and sec.?

And the most important question. Can I use OEP A262A2E instead of LL5402? (lets skip the quality and frequency response factor)

Thank you!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.