3 TRS in, 3 TRS out, 1 knob volume.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a surround sound system on my computer that uses 3 x 3.5mm TRS cables (2 channels per cable). Unfortunately, the volume is entirely controlled within windows because there isn't a volume knob for the speakers.

What I'd like to do is create a volume knob that will evenly and transparently control all 3 inputs (6 channels total). An added bonus would be to have switches to disable each of the inputs individually (ie. if I just wanted to hear the L/R channel and not the Center/Sub).

Is this possible? If so, does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Hi
I dont want to design it for you and theres probably a neater way of doing it but just to try and kick start this thread ......how about 6 potential dividers made of resistors and LDRs .The LDRs being driven by LEDs .The LEDs are fed from one variable voltage source . Brightness trimming on the LEDS would probably be necessary.

So, after getting discouraged back when I originally posted this, I'm back to wanting to make this. The problem is that I don't have any background in this at all, so I don't even know where to begin.

I'm assuming I need some kind of 6 ganged log potentiometer, but that's about as far as I've gotten. Is it as simple as just wiring to and from the pot, or are there other things that need to happen as well?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.