Exponential programmable resistor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do digital pots go down to 1R? There does not seem to be any digital pots meeting requirements.

If it's important that you have a real 1R step in there then simply use that as the minimum that the pot can go to by adding a 1R resistor in series with the correct end of the pots resistive element. If it is absolutely necessary that the pot actually go down to zero resistance too then you'll have to add in a small relay to bypass the resistor for the last step.

I would be surprised if a digital potentiometer existed that actually included a 1R step. I mean if you've got a pot with 1024 discrete values and it's got a total resistance of 100k then you're looking at step sizes of 100R. Granted that is for a linear taper, but I can't see a log pot having a 1R step in it either.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.