Preout mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
Good that the pdf works.

Yes, you are right. My amplifier is SA-DA8, but I believe the amps are essentially the same. Now that I look at it, the same schematic is also in the pdf of sa-da8:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/photony/technics_sa-da8.pdf
Pages 1-7. On page 6 there are the power amps IC601, IC602 and IC651, with input pins 21 and 22.

I'm going to do measurements tomorrow. I'll report after that. I'm quite confident now :)

-Tony

Hi again,
I think I broke something =) I can't get no sound what so ever from the preamplified stage. Some lousy sound comes from the speaker outs. My guess is that I somehow burned the preamplifier or something. So, it seems this is going to be more educational project than intended ;)

Maybe this is good time to thank you, especially Mooly, for help and interest in my project. Thank you.
Have no idea what to do next. Maybe I start a diy dac project... Or build a new amplifier inside my broken one.

Cheers,
Tony

Hey,
Fixed it! I had soldered a ground wire to the potentiometer pcb to use with the measurements. Apparently, later, when I didn't any more need that ground wire I had made a bad soldering to the point where the wire was attached. Made a new soldering and everything works just fine.

So the project continues =)

-Tony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.