diyAudio (
-   Analog Line Level (
-   -   Is the blue velvet Alps still best price/performance pot? (

supernet 17th October 2011 03:56 PM

Is the blue velvet Alps still best price/performance pot?
I am in search for 10k log pot with best price / perfomance ratio. So far I found Alps RK27 "the blue" for 17 EUR, TKD CP2 -601 for 35 EUR and Noble for 45 EUR.

It seems that in this price category, Alps rates very high for what you get for money or I am wrong?:confused:

Mooly 17th October 2011 06:31 PM

I have always been very pleased with ALPS and they would still be my first choice.

Never had a problem with them so never felt the need to change.

PMA 17th October 2011 06:55 PM

I support this, absolutely reliable, very good wiper contact. More than hundred units, no problem.

supernet 18th October 2011 11:12 PM

Thx for comments.

I decided to go for Alps too...

K.A.B 23rd October 2011 12:34 PM

I also have good experience in the Alps RK27 through the years until I got for me to try TKD CP2 -601 I will not buy any Alps in the future TKD is quieter even better built and worth the extra cost, but it is my subjective opinion.

Pano 23rd October 2011 02:07 PM

I share that subjective opinion. The TKD are well built, quiet and seem to sound good, if that can be said of a pot. But they ought to, for the price!

Mostly I stick with the Noble as they are great value for money here in the USA.

Barbieboy 30th January 2013 11:21 PM

Hi guys, I am looking for a motorized pot (20k I think) and receiver module. But can only find the Alps Blue that does this.
Are Noble etc and stepped types non remote controllable ?

vacuphile 30th January 2013 11:44 PM

Motorized pot in Dutch draws associations with this:

Bare 31st January 2013 02:57 AM

Ebay is Full of Alps Blue Velvet Pots :-) Ranging from $9 to $17
IMO and experience these are usually Cheap *** Copy/fakes.
Want a Better Potentiometer.. Seriously?? Buy a Goldpoint Stepped attenuator... preferably a genuine one though.
A whole world 'better' performing than a Genuine Alps IF you could be so fortunate as to actually find one :-).
Few ..ever.. go backwards from a stepped att.

cotdt 31st January 2013 03:04 AM

I rather like the fake Alps pots. I find nothing wrong with them.