3 BAND TONE CONTROL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I want to use this circuit after my phono preamp but I was wondering would swapping the smd resistors to a more conventional number have any ill effect. For example swapping the 4.02k resistor to 4k the same goes for 1.91k, 5.36k 19.1k any suggestions ?

Attachments

• 3 Band EQ.png
    3 Band EQ.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 360
Resistors and all parts have some tolerances, for instance 5% or 10%.So this means that they are never the same value and any resistor is slightly different.I also have never seen a 4.02k resistor.This is not normal resistor wich you can buy.

Those are all standard 1% values.

Resistor Values E6 E12 E24 E48 E96 E192

You can buy them at DigiKey and Mouser and likely Farnell (and many others). I used to use E96 values exclusively at a former job.

Thanks for the help guys, just another quick question. I have fount another version of this EQ with a extra opamp on the output and would like to know what it does and if its necessary thanks.

It adds a phase inversion but as MickeyMoose pointed out the mid has an inversion that the other two do not have. Does this EQ have a 'flat' position? It would seem that if the slopes between mid / low and mid / high don't match exactly it will never have a 'flat' mode. It seems to be the oddest EQ configuration I've ever seen. Have you looked into parametric equalizers or even plain old graphics?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.