Best Pre amp Kit on the market

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is this a rhetorical question? You do realize there's no such thing as a best "anything" don't you? Are you looking for solid state or valve? How many inputs? Do you want tone controls? Processor loops? Do you need it to drive long cable runs? Balanced or single ended? What all do you want it to do? Info man, we need more info! ;)

Mike

SE is fine,
I m using bal transf. to change anyways .

What I need is a very good pre or a small gain board

I would like to make my Marchand into a Pre / Active XOver unit

6 db would do the trick .

Who makes such kits ?

K&K Audio ? Or better

No processor loops, Tone contrls . pls

Simple gain stage but killer quality to give me some magical 6 dB gain that is all

0: [Root question] Why do you need a preamp at all if you are going directly into the active xover? Source selection and VC can be done here without any other active components.

1: Does it need gain? If so, how much? Edit: saw 6dB. Can you not get that in the xover?

2: Does it need to be tube?

3: If tube, does it need to be a kit? Or can you put something together P-P?

Last edited:
got to love this guy! Thank you for all your reactions!

I'm just wondering why the OP even posted.
Evidently, what would be considered good, or even great, by the "peasants" on this forum, doesn't meet his exalted expectations.

Let's see:
Boberly
Broskie
Bottlehead
Grounded Grid
Decware
All of the above aren't up to the unstated standards of our OP.:confused:

However, he feels that the K&K unit meets his (unstated) criteria and unwavering standards of excellence.

I believe that it's totally unproductive to pursue this any further.

Goodbye Dom...

I'm just wondering why the OP even posted.
Evidently, what would be considered good, or even great, by the "peasants" on this forum, doesn't meet his exalted expectations.

Let's see:
Boberly
Broskie
Bottlehead
Grounded Grid
Decware
All of the above aren't up to the unstated standards of our OP.:confused:

However, he feels that the K&K unit meets his (unstated) criteria and unwavering standards of excellence.

I believe that it's totally unproductive to pursue this any further.

Goodbye Dom...

Alot of the time people ask questions not for the correct answer or difference of opinion but for reinforcement and affirmation of their answer/opinion.

Certainly we've all been guilty of this.

:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.