Help needed with pcb design!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been living a happy life with this preamp since 93, And now I have decided to build a new one with a nice finish instead of the lab looking current one.I will very much want to base it on my old linestage which to my ears is just perfect; But looking at the old pcb, the first thing that comes to mind is decay, loose traces, a lot of repairs etc. It was originally a diy that was shown in a magazine which is no more, So getting the original layout is just not possiple.
After watching these forums for a long time,I have got the impression that laying out pcb`s comes as easy to some of you guys as burbing after drinking a beer:clown: But for me it will be a long study of programs to even get near the target. I have changed some semis from smd to thru hole cause my eyes are not what they use to be, and it will make it more flexible for experiments in the future.
I have got permission from L. Clausen to post the schematic here.
Hope that one of you guys will swallow the bate.
Regards.
(Sorry for my rusty english):eek:

Attachments

• air line mod.JPG
    air line mod.JPG
    381.2 KB · Views: 210
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
How about photographing the old PCB as a starting point.

I know this isn't what you are asking... the two IC's in the diagram called "one point DC servo". Are you sure there isn't an error there. The output of each opamp is shown connected to the low impedance outputs of each main stage... the same point the servo's are shown as sampling via very high value resistors.

The first stage seems to be a transimpedance amplifier, so the "one point servo" will attempt to keep this high-impedance amplifier output dc offset at 0V. I am less certain that the second dc-servo will acomplish the same thing, as the second stage seems to have a low impedance output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.