Can somebody please check over my crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I Need to build an active crossover for my subwoofer and main speakers.
200Hz low pass for sub and 200Hz high pass for main speaker. I have some questions about this circuit.

Will it be able to drive the power amp directly with 10K input impedance?

Does the circuit invert the signal in any way?

Will the response be flat?

Attachments

• Crossover (Circuit).pdf
    18.2 KB · Views: 81
  • Crossover (Board).pdf
    31.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Crossover (Layout).pdf
    45.9 KB · Views: 58
  • EAGLE.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 36
To answer your questions: no inversion in any channel, and it should be able to drive the power amp directly without any problems.

The answer to the question "will the response be flat" is probably NO. Anyway, you didn't mention any of a myriad of factors that influence summing of signals, like where the speakers are located in the room for instance.

I'd rather see you have an inverting summing amplifier to sum L & R channels and then an inverting filter after that to restore normal phase.

I would suggest increasing the order of the subwoofer filter. A 2nd order filter @ 200Hz would be letting too much mid frequencies in to the sub channel, in my opinion. Also, this will reduce the range of frequencies within which the output from both sub and satellites is occurring, and that will also mean fewer problems with the frequency response no summing flat. A 4th order crossover would be better, or even 4th order plus a notch. Another approach would be to reduce the crossover point to about 100Hz or even 80Hz. When you cross over that low, the sub cannot be localized very easily.

If you need help with the circuit diagram for any of the above, let me know.

-Charlie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.