Riaa capacitor voltage ratings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Phono stage i am building, the Tetra specs capacitors in the RAII stage rated at B+ voltage. The RAII sits between the CCDA stages. I cant see that it will ever see B+, not even half. I am not sure tho and would like a second opinion. I would post a schematic but dont have one at hand

here to learn. what active devices? the voltage comes of the cathode of the second half of the first stage. I really could do with some schooling, so don't hold back. i just don't see how say 260v anode thru the anode resistor thru the grid to the cathode and then another resistor could ever be equal to the B+

Active devices are valves, transistors etc. You didn't say what devices you were using so I didn't jump to conclusions. If you can't work out what voltage would appear, then you will just have to trust the circuit designer. You need to think about devices being turned off (including valves before they have warmed up, or if a heater goes open circuit), or electrodes shorting together. Also whether there are other isolating components, and how much you trust them.

if only i could post a schematic..i have a John Broskie Tetra Board, its a CCDA valve stage, bit like a DC coupled stage with a cathode follower. Just cant see how the B+ can get thru . Sorry to waste your time, i will figure it out

Reactions: 1 user
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.