How to switch phantom power?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm building a Micpre and want to switch phantom power (48V) on and off. It must be an SPDT-switch, because I want to have the phantom power a) connected to +48V or b) connected to ground.

I am looking for a proper way to realize the switch. Relais is not acceptable, it is too big and too expensive. I haven't found yet an analog switch IC which is able to handle the 48V. I also thought about about an CMOS Inverter Circuit but I'm not sure if this will work. I have 3,3V from a GPIO to switch the Phantom Power.

Any ideas would be great.

regards,
Christian

But I'd prefer to. If you read http://www.thatcorp.com/datashts/dn140.pdf on page 1 "Phantom Power Switching" you know why.

Thanks for the information about the +48V circuit. I was looking for this kind of thing. More interesting would be a valid way to generate clean +48V from 5V (USB). But unfortunately your solution doesn't display how to do the physical switching.

kind regards,
Christian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.