Passive 16 channel summing mixer - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st April 2011, 07:06 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Passive 16 channel summing mixer

Electronics noobie here.

Would like to build something like this.

Would it look like this but just have a lot more inputs?

I don't mind having to use an external preamp but I need it to be high fidelity - extremely quiet.

Links? Books? on basic audio electronics like this would be a great help. I've started working through Kybett's book but wondering if that's the best place to start.

Thanks,
-Luther
Old 21st April 2011, 08:59 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

What are your sources and how many? You most likely end up with a quieter product using an active mixer. E
Old 21st April 2011, 09:14 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I have around 4 synthesizers and several rack units ... so could use at least 16 inputs. - would be even better to get 32.

Is there something special that Roll Music is doing to keep their noise down? Expensive components? Proprietary design?
Old 22nd April 2011, 01:16 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I think that this is what they are doing. An active mixer would propably serve you better. Go to your local library and see if they have the "Handbook for Sound Engineers" (Ed. Ballou) and read up on the various benefits. E
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mix.pdf (49.7 KB, 116 views)
Old 22nd April 2011, 03:51 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Thanks MM!

Hide this!Advertise here!