schematic needed: 3 band equaliser + gain stage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi sudhir
Here is a circuit that is thoroughly tested by me to my entire satisfaction.
3 band EQ
I used NE5532 with this. It is used in my present system. I tested its performance with many Indian Oldies and various genres. I am very happy I can say. Once you adjust it to tune your system, you won't have to touch it again.

I purchased a commercial board based on LM324 but the circuit I assembled from that site is way better than that both in terms of performance and simplicity.( please vide the attachment.)

And here is my current Eq.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/atta...c-equalizer-sos-4-caps-added-eq-prototype.jpg

Attachments

• eq board I bought.jpg
    eq board I bought.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
An equaliser is a multichannel tone control. Search for tone controls with mid. Gain stage is very easy. Do some reading/learning. It never goes waste.

Gajanan Phadte
I can design a good 3 band tone/equalizer circuit because of reading/learning. More than a circuit i want a ready made pcb pattern because I dont know to use the pcb designing softwares and p to p is too much messy.Its better if you can help me with a pcb pattern.
thanks
sudhir.

Sudhir, as you can see in the diagram that I posted at #3 .... it uses a 470K Lin Pot for treble ( I am using a variable resistor for the time being),
a dual version of which is hardly available .

Could you please tell me how to modify the circuit using a dual 100K pot?

I will try to make the pcb.

Thank you.

Last edited:
PCB software is not needed for such a small job. Just take a graph sheet and place the components logically and join. U will make silly mistakes but it is good learning and experiencing how small amall things matter. In earlier days, they laid computers using such methods.

U can use paint software also.

If u r going to make a pcb yourself, that is another experience, if not made one earlier.

Gajanan Phadte

If u r going to make a pcb yourself, that is another experience, if not made one earlier.

I personally thank you Gajanan for your kind helpful input.

As regards me, I made some small PCBs earlier for my Hobby projects. And after spending some time with the feature restricted freeware version of Eagle, I found it great to suit my all small sized hobbyist's PCB needs.

But now, I need to make my PCBs a bit larger than Eagle allows with its freeware.

I tried Designspark too, but I am not very happy with it's auto routing at this stage.

I tried some linux based freeware PCB maker too.
But generally, the main problem with the Opensource Software Developers is that they treat every user like a co-developer having the same level of knowledge and merit. Hence, for this, sometimes they seriously lack userfriendliness and effortlessness ( except a very few ).

Since these are free, I can't complain but that makes us, the average ( or below the average user like me)users a bit frustrated when things don't work as expected or can not find the right tool in the interface and more, the documentation too is not methodically updated keeping pace with the existing current version.

Could you kindly recommend any good freeware ( windows platform preferable) that has no size limit, to make PCBs and has a little less steep learning curve and having good video tutorials?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.