Help with Op Amp outamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am experimenting with a op amp in a existing pre amp circuit. The wave is pointed at the bottom and flat on top. I have a working circuit and tested it, it works fine. I also tested an op amp out of the circuit and it was the same pointed an flat. I have a 2 channel scope and the the input circuit is good. All of this leads me to believe my test power supply is the problem. Obviously, I am not experienced and any help will be appreciated.

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I am experimenting with a op amp in a existing pre amp circuit. The wave is pointed at the bottom and flat on top. I have a working circuit and tested it, it works fine. I also tested an op amp out of the circuit and it was the same pointed an flat. I have a 2 channel scope and the the input circuit is good. All of this leads me to believe my test power supply is the problem. Obviously, I am not experienced and any help will be appreciated.

Are you using a dual supply, like + and - voltage? Is the input signal coupled to the opamp through a capacitor or directly?
Can you scribble a circuit diagram of your amp?

jan didden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.