Recommend a DIY pre-amp for use with Hypex UCD modules - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th April 2011, 08:11 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Recommend a DIY pre-amp for use with Hypex UCD modules

Hi,

I have been lucky enough to get my hands on 2 pcs. Hypex UCD180HG's and 2 pcs. Hypex SMPS180's all new at a very reasonable price. I was planning to make a power amp of them, but now I feel more like building an integrated amp.

I also have a chassis ready, so what I'm looking for is a relatively easy-to-build, good sounding DIY pre-amp kit. I'd like to be able to switch between several inputs. I'd like it if it was possible to have some sort of read-out of the volume level. I also wouldn't mind if it was possible to adjust bass, mid and treble. I don't need any built-in DAC.

Audio DIY is not my field of expertise, although I do know how to use a soldering iron and have successfully built a few smaller amps and some loudspeakers in the past.

Thanks in advance.

/G
Old 6th April 2011, 08:31 AM   #2
Francec is offline Francec  Australia
Banned

Search the threads in this forum because there are many about this. This guy, Stefan Dreyer [picplayer@googlemail.com], has done one with a PIC, PGA2310 , remote control and input select that looks a real treat, His mate, rudi, something, suggested it.

His website is "PICplayer" something but I forget the rest. Let Google guide you, Luke (remember Starwars?).

Frank

Frank
Old 25th April 2011, 05:34 PM   #3
oenboek is offline oenboek  Belgium
diyAudio Member

I have a Salas B1DC running before the Hypex modules. It sounds really great. As pot I have Sylonex, with automatic calibration of the individual optocouplers, but you could use another pot as well. If you look for the thread of Teabag, you will be able to order PCBs for the B1DC shortly. My previous preamps were passive, and another one with tubes. But the B1DC is fat better then any of those.

Hide this!Advertise here!