Volume control bent(slight) parasound PHP-850

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey First time posting! I got A Parasound PHP-850 pre-amp and I bent the volume control(alps&noble?) while i was moving. Not horribly, i probably just hit it from the side. When i turn it I can feel a little catch at 10 Oclock. it move freely except for that point. But i get a scratching/poping sound out of the left SPK, when i turn it. It always happens the first time while I turn the volume up,(no music playing) but goes away usually after moving it around. So just wondering what's the problem ? And are there any MODS i can do to this thing ? I also got a ACURUS A100 power amp, and the PHP-850 has direct output rca's but says to use only if your amp has DC blocking caps or a servo. I've looked in it and can't figure it the A100 does or doesn't, But i know You guys are excperts,so do you know what i should do ?

THANKS, ROCKON

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.