different gain levels and a PLLXO´s impedance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been using a passive line level crossover for years now, only a capacitor in parallel for high pass and one in series for low pass. I added an opamp before the crossover to increase overall gain since the insertion loss was quite high.
I followed the schematic for a booster as appeared in AudioXpress. It works flawlessly and I hear no apparent distortion but I believe I hear a different tonal balance with increased gain (even when listening at the same volume) and wonder if impedance variations would result from the different gain settings and thus affect the crossover point yielded by the capacitor.
Is this a possibility?

After further listening and comparisons at different gain settings I realized that what I thought was a different tone balance is indeed distortion.
Engaging R4, 5 and 6 gives a total gain of 8db. and a great sound. Adding R3 raises gain to 15db but brings the distortion I was hearing.
I do need those 15db, (20 would be better)gain specially for movie duties.

The opamps are opa2134 and are being powered by the same dual 15v supply I use for the bass equalization.There is no hum whatsoever.
Anybody knows of a simple stage of some sort to provide an extra clean 10db boost from the output of this circuit, running on the same 15v supply?

Attachments

• circuito2.jpg
    circuito2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 128
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.