Passive (active) preamplifier with selector (motorized ALPS, IR)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was thinking about input selector board for quite some time as a supplement to PVC (passive volume controller) project and finally I found some time to complete it.

It’s a 4 input and 2 output selector. I’m using two relays for each channel – separate for signal and ground (second one can be replaced by jumper). There is also place for power supply that can be used to power the relays (for standalone selector or higher voltage relays).

I also redesigned my motorized ALPS potentiometer controller to work with this board – this combination gave a complete passive preamp with volume control, selector and some additional features:
- PCB with backlighted buttons (4 inputs, 2 outputs, mute)
- ability to connect infrared remote control (that cal learn every RC5 remote commands)
- connector for ON / OFF (backlighted) button
- two additional channels capable to drive relays (one of them for ON/OFF relay)
- mute and monitor functions

As You can see potentiometer PCB was separated from the selector so I can connect any external preamplifier (such as Aleph 1.7, tube), buffer, etc.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The project and software are ready - all components works fine. Now I'm looking for good enclosure ;) If there will be several people interested I can order more boards and maybe some components.

Attachments

• DSC_6859.jpg
    DSC_6859.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 2,141
I can order more boards for this project if anyone is interested. The cost of one set will be around $25 (gold plated). You also need a programmed microcontroller.

I'm interested in some boards. Also maybe interested in some of the relay based volume control boards if they exist. Hopefully shipping is not cost prohibitive to the US. Should be OK for just PCB's I think. Also, I can program the MCU myself if you can send the binary after the boards are available...

please do let me know if this happens...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.