Problem - Line level splitter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
THE POINT:
I require an XLR splitter that does not significantly diminish the signal to my AD converter.

I apologise in advance for the ignorance emanating from this thread.

I am running a (don't laugh) behringer ada8000 into an emu1212 sound card, using cubase.
This setup is great for recording instruments, but when it comes to recording vocals, I cannot use monitors, as the lag is too great.
I know this is because of my computer, but frankly it does everything else just fine.
As there is a spare analogue in on the sound card, I have decided to buy a valve preamp. I wish to split the signal from the pre-amp to the sound card and also to my headphone preamp.
I have made the assumption that this is not possible with a 'male-female-female' cable. Am I wrong about this?

I am grateful for any advice you can give. (Insults are ok too)

Levy Sound Design

Ok, the splitter cable will work. thanks, George.

I thought I would have to use an op amp buffer circuit for this. But I guess this is the advantage of working with line level; I'm more used to making guitar effects. I'm in my second year of study as a sound engineer, so this is all a bit of a learning curve.

Thanks again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.