Buffer pre-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did some testing with OPA2134 at lower levels, but I am limited both in lowest distortion level and.frequency range by my M-Audio Transit , but there is a clear reduction of distortion at lower signal levels.

And it is mostly second order that is visible. I will try to add some spectrum later and perhaps see if I can resolve any difference with added cancelation resistors.
To be continued...

Here I attach some measurements from Arta.
My setup lack somewhat of resolution, limited by Arta and the alligatorclips all over the breadboard...

But 0dB signal level is 1,35V output, thus -20 dB is 0,135V, a more commonly encountered voltage in Hifi than 10Vrms.
Setup is a simple OPA2134 driven by +-12V, and a 12k resistor between Transit Line Out and + in of one of the op. The other has both inputs tied to ground.
Output of OP is going to the Line in of the Transit, and is loaded with 10k to ground. Fs = 48000 kHz, resolution is 24 bit.

First picture is the distortion vs level at 1, 5 and 10 kHz.
Second pirture is the spectra for an input of 0,135V , -20dB
Third is for -1dB.

Interesting is how CM voltage makes THD take of at higher frequencies. At the lower input, noise and resolution limitations increase the total THD regardless of frequency but there is far less of CM distortion wich rises at higher frequencies. That is how I interpret the curves. Tomorrow I will try to repeat with a 5,6k cancellation resistor in the feedback path.

Inputs?

Attachments

• dist vs level.png
    dist vs level.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 12k -20dB.jpg
    12k -20dB.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 135
  • 12k -1dB.jpg
    12k -1dB.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 126
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.