Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build - Page 265 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st February 2013, 03:28 PM   #2641
diyAudio Member

Yeah, it gets complicated. Good luck, and keep us posted!
Old 1st February 2013, 06:29 PM   #2642
stajo is online now stajo  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
*If someone is perfectionist about matching the Verf LED gangs of 5, the best maniac party trick is to use a *12V battery, connect gate and source together in the specific 2SK170s that are going to feed those strings (those Jfets above 1R), feed (+) to the drain, connect g&s node to LEDS string, return string's other end to (-), and swap between enough glow bugs until you got 2 total across 5 LEDS Voltage matches, each to its own Jfet. For the cherry on the cake set DVM that measures diode drop (some got it) and find 2 Vbe matched BC550 & 560.
Practical benefit? Next to nothing. Aesthetic ritualistic benefit? Priceless.

*9V,1.5V,1.5V batteries in series that are common types, maybe already in remote controls on the coffee table, will do for 12V total. And don't post pics from the parking space tapping on the car's stuff.
I might think sometimes that you shouldnt tell thise maniac partytricks because one day someone might take you seriously Salas. Ofcourse I'm just posting those pix educationally to what could happen if someone really took you seriously.
Click the image to open in full size.

Staffan
Old 1st February 2013, 08:55 PM   #2643
Salas is online now Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Old 2nd February 2013, 08:14 AM   #2644
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salas View Post
Good choices.

If you really got space in the box, I would recommend 4 monstrous 2.2uF Russian capacitors to make two 4.4uF pairs bypassing each pair with 0.1uF monstrous Russian Teflon. I believe they exceed the German silver in oil type even when in that config for far far less.
Salas

I replaced obbligato premium gold 4.7 uF with K75 only 2.2 uF (no place for other 2.2 uF) bypassed FT-3 0.1 In my coupling application - I get enough bass do you recommend to use other 2.2 cap with FT-3 0.1
there are imrovement In highs but I think that the sound Is somehow aggresive and In your face - can that effect be fixed when caps get burned In
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:35 AM   #2645
diyAudio Chief Moderator

That combination is smooth, weighty, and transparent in my experience. What is the amp and speakers you play music with? To better quantify the caps signature to your liking and system tonal synergy let the K75 play alone, just lift one link to each FT-3. What are the perceived changes? K75 alone is rather rounder and darker. If the tone is still upfront you may need match your former uF value first to say for sure.
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:41 AM   #2646
diyAudio Member

thank you for reply
I use PCM63 - modifyed Pass D1 I/V I/U stage D1 clone with 2sk389 finetuned... - stepped 20K pot - UGS V3 - F5 - Infinity Kappa 90
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:51 AM   #2647
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Is there gain in the UGS V3?
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:10 AM   #2648
diyAudio Member

I use that schema UGS adventures
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:16 AM   #2649
diyAudio Chief Moderator

There is gain then. Which is good for F5 on your speakers. OK do the K75 alone test first. Some combination should work best for you. Do you see space for your Obbli plus the K75 in your box for another experiment with higher coupling uF value?
Old 2nd February 2013, 10:59 AM   #2650
diyAudio Member

thank you for support

well I will find place

now I only use 2.2 K75 bypassed with 0.1 FT-3 as there Is plenty of bass
do you think It will be right to add other 2.2 uF K75 and after that adding obbligato which Is 4.7 uF

Hide this!Advertise here!