Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

Caddock MP930'es added to wishlist - aiming for about 1A. 120VA 2*15V is on the list.
What else? A nice box? Started to gather ideas. For pot I got a Khozmo Stepped Attenuator with Caddock MK132 + Vishay/Dale RN5 which I will start with. Selector is a cannibalized Mesmerize controlled by either an Elna switch or digital. If digital it has to allow me to change the volumepot to something digital and be remote controllable as well.

Regards

Hi again

My R-core transformer turned up; it measures 17.4V on both outputs. Am I good to go, or should I get another one with lower output rating?

Attachments

• 2015-09-23 18.33.25.jpg
    2015-09-23 18.33.25.jpg
    473.4 KB · Views: 199
Caddock MP930'es added to wishlist - aiming for about 1A. 120VA 2*15V is on the list.
What else? A nice box? Started to gather ideas. For pot I got a Khozmo Stepped Attenuator with Caddock MK132 + Vishay/Dale RN5 which I will start with. Selector is a cannibalized Mesmerize controlled by either an Elna switch or digital. If digital it has to allow me to change the volumepot to something digital and be remote controllable as well.

Regards

My Khozmo did not last for long. Never Khozmo again.

Hi again

My R-core transformer turned up; it measures 17.4V on both outputs. Am I good to go, or should I get another one with lower output rating?
It tells you on the label that it is a 15Vac transformer.
But it only gives out 15Vac when the supply is 230Vac and the load is 15VA.

If you send in something other than 230Vac then the output will change in proportion.
If your load is not 15r on each winding then the output will be higher.

It tells you on the label that it is a 15Vac transformer.
But it only gives out 15Vac when the supply is 230Vac and the load is 15VA.

If you send in something other than 230Vac then the output will change in proportion.
If your load is not 15r on each winding then the output will be higher.

I measured the outputs without load :ashamed: At least I know it works, which also was the purpose of hooking it up.
...but I must have been slightly unconcious when ordering; 15VA is pretty far from the 50VA which Salas recommended. Good thing though; it will fit my RIAA nicely :)