Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Here are the connections. You may bunch them together in a convenient pattern for the available space.

Attachments

• Snap 2013-05-28 at 02.00.12.png
    Snap 2013-05-28 at 02.00.12.png
    530.9 KB · Views: 318
I was working on this... I had both groups of 3 going and the group of 5. The group of 5 on the bad side I was working I got wired like above... i turned on the unit and the one set of 5 I was working didn't come on... I cut power and then that set of 5 I was working came on for a bit while the power was coming down. They were running on the capaciator load I'd guess.. I tried a couple times more and now none of the LEDS come on. I'm guessing the 240 pair or the 9240 pair are killed in all of this.

Wouldn't you know I've just had a letter from the opticians saying I'm due an eye test.:rolleyes:

The single best thing I ever did for my DIY efforts was an overhead fluorescent shop light to bathe the work area in light, and an "optivisor" with the nicer glass lens and the magnifier loupe for occasional hi-mag close-in work. Seeing what you are doing makes all the difference!

BK

TeAbag sent me new dcb1 and kit at a fair price. Not a bargain but fair. The build I had go wrong I pulled the caddock and Texas components out of and they tested great. Iaas worried the desolder would harm them.

Last night I got to lizten to the new preamp and im impressed! I still have some work to do with finishing touches.... vu meters, attenuator extension, posering the lighted switch. I,ll get back and dig in Sunday

For now..a big thank you to Salas, teabag and all on this thread for help along the was

One of my paper in oil caps didn't measure good... so I'm running the orange .22uF caps teabag sends with his kit. I am suprised with how good the sound is!

Are the 22uF caps in the kit pretty good?

THe only higher end parts I'm running are the 1m, 220k caddock and 220r texas component

Then I'm running 100r texas component to split the output signal to two sets of output

THe sound is so good I may leave these two .22uf caps in the dcb1

Last edited: