Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

Defect:

5LEDmsg_zps9b179666.jpg

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Its impossible to have different connections and pads in boards circulating since the Gerber file that drives the production machines is the original for dcb1 blue and I am sure I never issued a later one by further collaboration with Crt. Just follow the D symbols for positioning the LEDS.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Here is a picture I just took from an original blue from the couple I kept. Its like your black for pads and D symbol. ONLY FOLLOW the D symbol next to the rows of 3 and 5. Don't think about the pads. Straight side of the symbol means straight side of the actual LED's rim, it is the cathode's side.

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 296
I have just replaced the four output 220R PRP resistors with plain dale rn60 just to have a reference of their sound before I start experimenting with lower values. I cannot believe the difference that I just got... So much more dynamics...
I can t stop wondering how much better than that can it get f.e. with naked ones? So many months with dcb1 and it still keeps amazing me with its potential...

Do you position the led and have anode in square like position image on pcb or do you go with the anode in round?

I am hoping a working dcb1 black builder can advise

Whatever suits you, but your obvious problem was using N-Channel MOSFETs on the P-Channel side as it proved by your later photos. Exactly the problem I advised to check for in post #3117

What post number of my post has the photo where I installed the wrong part in the wrong spot? Im voing to take a look.

Maybe I need some glasses... I didn't spot the difference from the 240 on one side and the 9240 on the other. Salas was right all along and I'm sure that is the case pretty much every time on these 316 pages.

I got the 240 and the 9240 fixed. The 5 LEDs on the 240 side are working. I didn't mess that side up much switching out LEDS. The 9240 side I can't get the LEDS working. I think it is the solder traces all being trashed.

Could I just string 5 LEDS on a side board? Connect them in series + to - for all five in series on a side board and then connect the one - end to a spot on the DCB1 and the + end to a spot on the DCB1? Somthing like that? I thought you mentioned something to this type of patch work Salas earlier.

Would this have any impact on the sound? If possible yes I think I'll run a new DBC1 and chalk this all up to a learning experience