Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

I think my caps are in right

20130525_073654_zpse0c04d29.jpg

sorry for all the photos... Wondering if someone has spotted an issue standing out.

I'm still really confused by the LED Orientation. I see posts with other user (Link Below) builds with the round side of the LED in the square hole... I see 3 builds this way going back in this thread.

POST 2989 in this as an example... round side of LED in square hole::
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/171715-salas-hotrodded-blue-dcb1-build-299.html

If some has a working Hypnotize and can look and tell me if the LED of the working unit for the 5 LED set is soldered round side of LED in round hole or Round side of LED in square hole it would be nice. This has been some frusteration to say the least. I never thought I'd have such a headache from trying to sort out with confidence the orientation of the LEDS

POST 2989 in this as an example... round side of LED in square hole...

My Mosfets have been floating. I wanted to test without bolting them down. I put a cotton hot pad down for a test a few times. I get no 5 LED lights regardless of the oreintation of the 5 LEDS so I think the problem is something else

Last edited:
NO KIDDING!
I take it IRFP240 is quite a bit different from a IRFP9240 and not a substitute for the same....

I got TEA-BAGs kit and these were provided... I did not have any IRFP240 sent to me so I assumed these 4 are for the IRFP240.. Quite a mess. PS - I think you mean "Your mosfets are wrong, you have IRFP9240 where you should have IRFP240"

Your mosfets are wrong, you have IRFP240 where you should have IRFP9240.

So much time on this... And I still don't have a clear idea on how the orientation of the LEDs is :eek:

I have been trying to PM TEA-BAG on a possible replacement board and options but I have not seen a response. at this point I'd like a replacement board.

Last edited:
TEA-BAG ,

Do you have a current production DBC1 built? Can you advise what the LED orientation is on the 5 LED spot for your DBC1 product you sell today?

sorry for all the photos... Wondering if someone has spotted an issue standing out.

I'm still really confused by the LED Orientation. I see posts with other user (Link Below) builds with the round side of the LED in the square hole... I see 3 builds this way going back in this thread.

POST 2989 in this as an example... round side of LED in square hole::
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/171715-salas-hotrodded-blue-dcb1-build-299.html

If some has a working Hypnotize and can look and tell me if the LED of the working unit for the 5 LED set is soldered round side of LED in round hole or Round side of LED in square hole it would be nice. This has been some frusteration to say the least. I never thought I'd have such a headache from trying to sort out with confidence the orientation of the LEDS

POST 2989 in this as an example... round side of LED in square hole...

My Mosfets have been floating. I wanted to test without bolting them down. I put a cotton hot pad down for a test a few times. I get no 5 LED lights regardless of the oreintation of the 5 LEDS so I think the problem is something else

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I will post the pics of closeup for the hot-rod board. The board has not changed since it was blue. The black boards were actually a mistake, but people liked them so we stuck with it :_
Do you have IRFP9240? If not I will send you some.

Apologize for the delays. We have been having power problems. So electronics have been off.

From your photos it looks like led in 5 led spots have long pin roubd side of led in square on the pcb you sold me

what do you think teabag?

If you were to build the pcb dcb1 with what you sell now in black?How
So long pin round side of l led in square hole of black pcb?

Pm sent

Would like to buy a dcb1 AND Kit. Anything you can see wing on price appreciated