Salas hotrodded blue DCB1 build

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Correctly oriented. That horizontal line on the relay's case is tell tale and it is depicted on the board too. Did you jumper the ''Note'' resistor position too? You got a 12V one. Are those round diodes Philips?

Leds OK too. You will need proper sinking with 10R setting.

Hi Salas,

Thanks for the confirmation. Yes, the diodes are phillips. I need to jumper where it says note and leave the 600r location empty, correct?

Also, you recommended that I go with 8.2r due to my TX being 21v and also cutting the tracks and attach the PSU caps with 39r. These have yet to be done.

Thanks

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Also, you recommended that I go with 8.2r due to my TX being 21v and also cutting the tracks and attach the PSU caps with 39r. These have yet to be done.

Thanks

Creating a CRC by putting 39R 5W in between filter caps. If you sink the Mosfets well (cheapest & easiest way is on thick metallic floor), with 8R2 you will drop better on those 39R. Creating a pre filter, running in good hotrod territory and utilizing your existing overspec Tx safely. Not bad.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Beautiful work!

Are your 220K resistors also TX2575's? Do they make single 220K resistors or are they a series daisy chain of several resistors?

See here to understand what I mean.

Anand.

Ups... You´re correct about the 220K position. I have ordered two TX2352 there. :eek:

That's some extremely extravagant components you're using there.

Is there a real advantage to using "audio signal path grade" resistors such as the PRPs for the shunt reg and delay? I have used bog-standard .6W metal film Vishay Sfernice for mine and Tea-Bag's supplied PRPs in the audio path. I will post pictures when I've finished the delay.

Also, what milli-ampage are you pulling with those Mills 22Rs? Was there a particular reason you chose not to stick with the 10R Dales?

Great pictures. Many thanks for that!

Because (thank god) we don´t have to look at any cost calculation :D i use the PRP´s in the standard positions.

The 22R Mills set the shunt to around 92mA. I like the non inductive, non magnetic style of the MRA5.
Besides that they are really small for a 5W if you compare them to e.g. the Kiwame.

Best regards,
Oliver

the Omron signal relays here are superb and others on the page here you want the signal relays, the solid state omron are good also, but the first model I linked is very transparent and I have used it personally with very good results, it comes with silver over gold alloy contacts. vishay precision make some excellent optically isolated ones too.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Why not order directly from them? The website is German only, but they do offer international shipping and payment via paypal. I'd just contact them via info_AT_schuro.de (obviously the _AT_ has to be replaced to make it work...). If this won't work we can easily arrange something.