DIY Dodd Audio Buffer Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought I would pass this news along. This buffer is awesome! I purchased the complete unit in Dec and love it.

DODD AUDIO DIY

Here is the assembled version:
DODD AUDIO Battery Powered Tube Buffer
Here's another plug for Gary Dodd and his products in general and this unit in particular.

I lusted after Gary's gear for years, but couldn't justify buying any because I had a killer system that I spent many, many hours optimizing, modifying and coddling to get it to the point that it met all of my needs as well as my wife's (Gayle is music lover like me). After hearing the Dodd battery powered gear at RMAF, I had to have the Buffer and the Stereo amp. I have never been happier with audio equipment in my life. I've owned dozens of amps and preamps. I can honest say that this is the best gear that I have ever owned.

The Buffer is the most transparent piece of audio gear that has been in my stable. I don't know how he does it for the price. Awesome is only a word............

My .02

Dave

Attachments

• Dodd Gear.jpg
    Dodd Gear.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 1,703
Hello, I am a newby to this forum. It has come to my attention of mention of a kit offered by Dodd Audio. It is correct, I am offering a tubed buffer kit that runs on batteries. This is my newest product and it is being offered as a kit. For more info you can check out my website doddaudio.com or go to this link and have a look. DIY Dodd Buffer. Any questions are welcome.
The Basic Kit is $325 free shipping and I am extending this wonderful offer to all DIY members as well!
Gary

I see no one is paying attention to this wonderful offer. You guys are missing out on one of the best sounding frontends on the market today and it is affordable and lots of fun to build. The special is still on at $325 free shipping for the basic kit. All else can be seen at doddaudio.com on the DIY page:D
gary

Hello, I am a newby to this forum. It has come to my attention of mention of a kit offered by Dodd Audio. It is correct, I am offering a tubed buffer kit that runs on batteries. This is my newest product and it is being offered as a kit. For more info you can check out my website doddaudio.com or go to this link and have a look. DIY Dodd Buffer. Any questions are welcome.
The Basic Kit is $325 free shipping and I am extending this wonderful offer to all DIY members as well!
Gary

I see you offer a phono kit - what is the price?

Cheers,

Bob

as great as the DODD buffer is,(as I have replaced my Grounded Grid peramp with it just recently) you can take it one step further by replacing the pot with a warpspeed LDR.
This added the magic.
I had the GG for about 3 years and went through many tweaks and it was a good sounding preamp but not very involving.

the dodd buffer/Warpspeed is taking me into the music further than I have ever been, and I am still on the stock tube.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.