Burr-Brown DRV134 AUDIO BALANCED LINE Receiver schematic PCB/Kit anybody?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Burr-Brown DRV134 AUDIO BALANCED LINE Receiver schematic PCB/Kit anybody?

I want to make a Balanced Line RECEIVER using the DRV134. Could anybody kindly help me with any practical information to allow me to do this. Many thanks.

That's a simple enough project you might want to tackle it yourself. Jameco electronics sends periodic info and the latest included a Youtube video of Collin Cunningham showing how to make a printed circuit at home - so Jameco can sell you the kits.

Search Youtube Collin Cunningham Circuit Skills: Circuit Board Etching (9:16) and give it a look.

You might also want to check the Analog Devices SSM2143 data sheet as well which is pin compatible.

Do you not mean INA134 ? That's a receiver part which complements the DRV134 balanced line transmitter.

Many thanks for the replies guys. Didn't realise the integrated circuit I wanted was the INA134.

Looking at the INA134s schematic it looks a very simple job. As far as I can see all that one needs is a power supply,,, a couple of capacitors and that's it. It's already to go?.

I would be interested to know from anybody who has had practical experience with the INA134 is my above assumption true, or do I need something else?

Many thanks for the replies guys. Didn't realise the integrated circuit I wanted was the INA134.

Looking at the INA134s schematic it looks a very simple job. As far as I can see all that one needs is a power supply,,, a couple of capacitors and that's it. It's already to go?.

I would be interested to know from anybody who has had practical experience with the INA134 is my above assumption true, or do I need something else?

I've worked with the Analog Devices equivalent and it is as easy as it appears.

The only 'gotcha' is the device is unity gain meaning 1Vp-p at the inputs - remember that is 1/2 Vp-p on either input - will result in 1Vp-p at the output so it may be a small problem if you run very high balanced line levels. The Analog Devices chips are available as unity gain or a -6dB versions which is why I suggest you check their datasheet as well.

Of course you can add resistors in front of the chip to reduce the level by 6dB but the Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR) depends on the precision of the matching of values.

You need nothing very special, just read the datasheet carefully. I worked with both INA134 and INA217.

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/ina134.pdf

Regards,

As you suggest I have been reading the data sheet carefully and as I haven't had any experience in reading data sheets before, so I don't quite know what I am looking for.
I intend to make 6 of these receivers to connect the six balanced outputs from my DCX2496 to my six amplifiers phono inputs.
Here is the schematic from the data sheet.......

IMGDEAD]

Does anyone know if this is an exact practical working configuration ie all I have to do is follow the wiring diagram exactly, provide power, connect the inputs to my DCX2496 digital crossover and the outputs to my power amplifier and I then have a complete receiver up and running. No other parts or wiring needed?
It does show 2x 1 mfd capacitors connected to the power + - supply. It doesn't show that they are electrolytic so what type of capacitor should they be?
Also,where does the 0 volt centre of the -+ connect to.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
As you suggest I have been reading the data sheet carefully and as I haven't had any experience in reading data sheets before, so I don't quite know what I am looking for.
I intend to make 6 of these receivers to connect the six balanced outputs from my DCX2496 to my six amplifiers phono inputs.
Here is the schematic from the data sheet.......

IMGDEAD]

Does anyone know if this is an exact practical working configuration ie all I have to do is follow the wiring diagram exactly, provide power, connect the inputs to my DCX2496 digital crossover and the outputs to my power amplifier and I then have a complete receiver up and running. No other parts or wiring needed?
It does show 2x 1 mfd capacitors connected to the power + - supply. It doesn't show that they are electrolytic so what type of capacitor should they be?
Also,where does the 0 volt centre of the -+ connect to.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

That will work but you want those capacitors very close the chip. It's also preferable to use a ground plane to keep impedances down. If you CAN'T use the ground plane you want a wide ground trace for the same reason.

I've worked with the Analog Devices equivalent and it is as easy as it appears.

The only 'gotcha' is the device is unity gain meaning 1Vp-p at the inputs - remember that is 1/2 Vp-p on either input - will result in 1Vp-p at the output so it may be a small problem if you run very high balanced line levels. The Analog Devices chips are available as unity gain or a -6dB versions which is why I suggest you check their datasheet as well.

Of course you can add resistors in front of the chip to reduce the level by 6dB but the Common Mode Rejection Ratio (CMRR) depends on the precision of the matching of values.

Are you not aware of the INA137?

Audio Amplifiers - Line Drivers / Receivers - INA137 - TI.com

That will work but you want those capacitors very close the chip. It's also preferable to use a ground plane to keep impedances down. If you CAN'T use the ground plane you want a wide ground trace for the same reason.

I take on board what you say about mounting the capacitors close to the chip but please could you tell me what TYPE of capacitor I need. It doesn't show them as electrolytic, so what type would you recommend that I order. Sorry to be so dim.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.