Burr-Brown DRV134 AUDIO BALANCED LINE Receiver schematic PCB/Kit anybody? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd March 2010, 09:51 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratus46 View Post
That will work but you want those capacitors very close the chip. It's also preferable to use a ground plane to keep impedances down. If you CAN'T use the ground plane you want a wide ground trace for the same reason.

G
I take on board what you say about mounting the capacitors close to the chip but please could you tell me what TYPE of capacitor I need. It doesn't show them as electrolytic, so what type would you recommend that I order. Sorry to be so dim.
Old 23rd March 2010, 11:28 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

The 1uF's should be film caps (greencaps) - polyester is fine for this application.

If you wanted to get it going in a hurry, Tantalum's would work fine too, but not quite as well.
Old 23rd March 2010, 01:07 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeekerr View Post
The 1uF's should be film caps (greencaps) - polyester is fine for this application.

If you wanted to get it going in a hurry, Tantalum's would work fine too, but not quite as well.
Many thanks for your information, it's very nice of you guys to help me out and answer my questions.
Old 24th March 2010, 08:55 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeekerr View Post

Agreed on the film caps but I would try to stay away from tantalums. They don't often fail but when they do, the magic smoke comes out - sometimes quite violently.

G
Old 24th March 2010, 11:10 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Indeed - I sorta forgot to add my "for prototype purposes only" disclaimer. I'd never use a tantalum in something I wanted to keep.

Hide this!Advertise here!