linkwitz-riley 3way and 2way pcb kit??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am look for some nice 3way LR24 active crossover pcb's and also for 2-way
I have seen esp-site but what more is there?
I want dedicated 3way pcb and also dedicated 2-way pcb.
Please some suggestions

It is for an active system with three 3-way and two 2way active speakers (sacd 5.1)
two 3way with two SS 21w8555/12mRev/990000Rev (L+R front)
one 3way with 22wRev/12mRev/9900000Rev (mid)
two 2way with 15wRev/Vifa ringradiator(metalfront) or peerless HDS (L+R rear)
one low/sub with two SS 25W's
Amps; all Aleph 60 and 30 clone's (4xA60mono's and 10 A30mono's)

Last edited:
How will you handle baffle step correction? How will you tame the breakup peaks? Phase alignment? just a straight textbook crossover is fine if your drivers are flat an ocatve or two into their stopbands. Are those?

Drivers of that quality deserve a good implimentation. I suggest that you read over Linkwitz' design pages to get a feel for the finer points of crossover design. Phase alignment makes a big difference - even my then 14 year old noticed when I incorporated it. Linkwitz put all that stuff on his boards for good reasons.

You'll be happier with the added featurs of Linkwitz' boards if implimented properly than a straight LR4. If that's all you want, though, Rod's boards are fine.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I am look for some nice 3way LR24 active crossover pcb's and also for 2-way
I have seen esp-site but what more is there?
I want dedicated 3way pcb and also dedicated 2-way pcb.
Please some suggestions

There is a "universal" crossover board at this address (see circuit #2): Neil’s DIY Plate Amp Page There are ExpressPCB schematic and PCB files that you can modify to your liking. I've used this board several times--it works fine.

If you want something more programmable, you can adapt the design from circuit #1, which uses resistor packs to set the crossover frequency.

If you want "soft" programmablity, the circuit on the left side of the board below is pretty cool. It's LR24 using digital potentiometers instead of resistors. I've got the USB interface fully working--just set it up once and whenever the on-board micro is powered up it programs all of the potentiometers. There is a full description of the feature set in this thread:
Any interest in small active crossover board? - Techtalk at Parts-Express.com If you want the ExpressPCB files posted, I'll be happy to do so.

active_xover_brd.jpg
analog_crossover.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.