Seems like nobody is modding the Outlaw 990... true? why?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

I've got a 990, and I've been digging around lately to see what mods people have done to it. To my surprise, I've found nothing. I would have thought that Outlaw's statement that they used NJM4580's alone would be enough to motivate modders to roll some op amps and such (though the 4580 looks like it's actually a pretty good op amp).

Anybody know of any mod shops or hackers that have modded these units?

Cheers,
Paul

NEWS about that ?

Hello !

I receive my open box 990 last week and I'm really not impress about the sound quality of that preamp :( not more good that another EL CHEAPO pioneer or all the standard end serie :(

Anybody know if the OPAMP is on socket or soldered on the board in this outlaw 990 ? SWAP is easy and possible or not ?

I read before buying this in many audiophile magazine how compare the sound quality with ANCAM and many other but with my ear the sound is bad.

I like a very DETAILED and analytic sound like LM4520 hummm ;)

By the way my amplifier is 7 channel gainclone LM4780

thanks in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.