Yet another Volume controlers and source selections - Page 38 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th October 2010, 02:29 AM   #371
aditya is offline aditya  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to aditya Send a message via Yahoo to aditya
i ran a simulation on proteus, and i do see firmware running now. can we keep jsut one volume tab that looks like vol/volume 55 or 50%, or how to remove the two tabs of volume ie r 50 l 50 ,, i would like to make it as just on tab as above
Old 27th October 2010, 02:37 AM   #372
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to FarmTech Send a message via Skype™ to FarmTech
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya View Post
i ran a simulation on proteus, and i do see firmware running now. can we keep jsut one volume tab that looks like vol/volume 55 or 50%, or how to remove the two tabs of volume ie r 50 l 50 ,, i would like to make it as just on tab as above
see post #370
Old 27th October 2010, 03:09 AM   #373
diyAudio Member

perfectooo..... yahooo...
Old 27th October 2010, 03:11 AM   #374
diyAudio Member

hats off thanks
i will be assembling my amp again, now ith pga2310 and this firmware and TDA7294 as the amp, what i really wana do is a class damp, around 125 or 150 watts max and to make the cabinet as slim as 2 or 2.5" with power supply - 32volts /10 amps
Old 27th October 2010, 09:05 AM   #375
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to FarmTech Send a message via Skype™ to FarmTech
Quote:
hats off thanks
i will be assembling my amp again, now ith pga2310 and this firmware and TDA7294 as the amp, what i really wana do is a class damp, around 125 or 150 watts max and to make the cabinet as slim as 2 or 2.5" with power supply - 32volts /10 amps
Its Nice, I dont know alot about bulding a amp so my first try will be with
LM3886 & r2r, cheap and its seems easy to make.
Old 27th October 2010, 11:18 AM   #376
chiily is offline chiily  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Not sure whether this is the right thread, but here goes...

I've just bought the volume/selector boards from here vicol audio : r-2r volume controller. The pcb are unpopulated.

I don't have a problem with soldering SMD, but the ATMEGA16 device is somewhere I've never been before. I've built speakers, through-hole amps and pre-amps before, but never programmed a microprocessor device like this. So, I have a few fundementally stupid questions:

I assume that I can flash the .hex file through the six pin ISP6 interface.
Would a simple hardware connection like this Atmel AVR ATmega16 / ATmega32 Programmer - Cheap Parallel Port Programmer do the job? What do other people use?
Would the device would require power from the programmer or from the volume control board that this device is attached to?

I'm a complete newbie at these devices, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 28th October 2010, 12:09 AM   #377
diyAudio Member

hii i have a problem i dont know whats wrong but when i turn the encoder in one direction the counts go properly , when the encoder is turned in reverse direction it behaves eraticaly, some times showing 90 or 10 or 40, instead of where it was earlier ,
could this be the fault of my encoder or is it some other problem. like the caps going to ground on the encoder pin.
Old 28th October 2010, 05:20 PM   #378
danzup is offline danzup  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
hii i have a problem i dont know whats wrong but when i turn the encoder in one direction the counts go properly , when the encoder is turned in reverse direction it behaves eraticaly, some times showing 90 or 10 or 40, instead of where it was earlier ,
could this be the fault of my encoder or is it some other problem. like the caps going to ground on the encoder pin.
When you have something like this it means you en error on connecting the pins on encoder : check revers connect for A , B or C pins of encoder .
Old 28th October 2010, 05:27 PM   #379
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiily View Post
Not sure whether this is the right thread, but here goes...

I've just bought the volume/selector boards from here vicol audio : r-2r volume controller. The pcb are unpopulated.

I don't have a problem with soldering SMD, but the ATMEGA16 device is somewhere I've never been before. I've built speakers, through-hole amps and pre-amps before, but never programmed a microprocessor device like this. So, I have a few fundementally stupid questions:

I assume that I can flash the .hex file through the six pin ISP6 interface.
Would a simple hardware connection like this Atmel AVR ATmega16 / ATmega32 Programmer - Cheap Parallel Port Programmer do the job? What do other people use?
Would the device would require power from the programmer or from the volume control board that this device is attached to?

I'm a complete newbie at these devices, any help would be greatly appreciated.
You can use whatever programmer is supported by Bascom AVR .
Currently i use also an simpler programmer like this (beside my old STK 500) :
Programming an AVR microcontroller
and I use for 6 years also this programmer :
AVR Pony-STK200 Programmer Schematic | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Yes the device must be powered for programming with or without volume board attached .

Do not forget to write fusebit : disable Jtag , Internal 8 MHz RC oscillator .
Old 28th October 2010, 05:30 PM   #380
diyAudio Member

Quote:
i like the knob look on the front plate, and i have seen home theaters having 3 knobs all encodrs , it gives it a feel of a analog,,,,
one thing i noticed is when that volume reaches 100 the display shifts, the right volume digit goes of the screen, and when the volume value goes below 100 the display looks normal,
i would like to suggest a change and tha would be lets keep just just volume 50% or volume 50db in the secondline , and when it goes in to balance mode show two different values as per the channel

can i do it by // one line for left channel and rename the right one, as the data sent for both channels is same.

i also found some gitters in the knob , how to deal with it, what i mean is when i turn the shaft volume digits went high and low , when the shaft was turned at a low speed ,
is it my encoders fault or is it some hting else -- noise
I have give you some hints about encoders !
Some line A or B or C are not correct attached or maybe you must check the encoder (try another type /supplier ) as there are many cheap and crappy encoders made in China this days !

Hide this!Advertise here!