Yet another Volume controlers and source selections - Page 25 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st August 2010, 09:30 PM   #241
Jempie is offline Jempie  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Pryanick,

doe you have the bas file

thanks
Old 1st September 2010, 05:50 AM   #242
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Pryanick
Default bar graph

yep, Jempie, I have *.bas file. But my schematic significantly differ from schematic originaly posted by danzup and therefore my *.bas file and firmware differ from *.bas file and firmware posted by dan.
And I didn't finish my firmware yet, I need finish LCD print subroutine, because M8515 control not only pga2310 but passive preamp too (treble, bass)...
P.S.: and one more photo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0058.jpg (438.6 KB, 790 views)
Old 1st September 2010, 09:11 AM   #243
Jempie is offline Jempie  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Pryanick,

wow, thats look good. So you have build the same as Danzup only with tone control
ik like to build this and try if this work better then the one with the motor drive
it work, but on the display you only see volume up and down not an indication of the position of the Alps.

Jempie
Old 1st September 2010, 12:46 PM   #244
diyAudio Member

We shouldnt forget that the source code author is Dan so if only Dan didnt wrote his firmware under PGA2310 I wouldnt wrote my firmware version with PGA2310. The only thing ive done - I modified danzups code for my needs, thats it. As for me I think that volume control with ALPS a bit more better then with PGAxxxx. Why? PGAxxx contains opamps and this is not good for sound. But ALPS doesnt. When I complitely finish my preamp with volume control I publish an article on my web page and put the link here. But by now Im working on fade out on mute (sound slowly goes down to -95.5db and after -95.5db is mute) and fade in on unmute (sound slowly goes up to the value wich was befor mute button was pressed), fade out does work properly, but fade in does not yet - sound appears like ordinary unmute, Im going to solve this problem because this option is very attractive for me...
Old 2nd September 2010, 06:20 PM   #245
diyAudio Member

Default New bar graph version

Hi
I pimped a bit my bar graph version. Now the bar on lcd crawls from one dot to enother (a dot by dot). In previous old version bar moved symbol by symbol (by 5 dots at once).
P.S.: Some test photoes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0070.jpg (501.5 KB, 697 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0071.jpg (459.7 KB, 618 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0072.jpg (491.8 KB, 537 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0073.jpg (544.2 KB, 474 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0074.jpg (530.7 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0075.jpg (472.1 KB, 78 views)
Old 3rd September 2010, 02:16 AM   #246
wabun is offline wabun  United States
diyAudio Member

the volume control does not store last session volume & source value in eeprom, is it possible to include this function in "BAS" coding ? After turn on, it will count until last session volume & source.. It will be complete one after include that function.. hope some one can help & clarify..thanks..:-D

Last edited by wabun; 3rd September 2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:44 AM   #247
danzup is offline danzup  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabun View Post
the volume control does not store last session volume & source value in eeprom, is it possible to include this function in "BAS" coding ? After turn on, it will count until last session volume & source.. It will be complete one after include that function.. hope some one can help & clarify..thanks..:-D
That was not included in firmware presented here because the lack of knowlidge of user in working with microcontroller / programmer .
For the brave one I have the saving in EEprom feature but that firmware have an aditional file that must programmed last in eeprom of atmel .
Do not ask me how : I am not in mood to explain atmel avr programing and stuff !
If you search on the link given by me to the romanian forum there I have attached a version for R/2R variant that save last settings in eeprom (must find that files and attach here ...)
I will add that feature for all version of firmware / projects sometime in future .
Old 3rd September 2010, 11:45 AM   #248
danzup is offline danzup  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryanick View Post
Hi
I pimped a bit my bar graph version. Now the bar on lcd crawls from one dot to enother (a dot by dot). In previous old version bar moved symbol by symbol (by 5 dots at once).
P.S.: Some test photoes
Congratulation !
I`m back and also I will respond to your PM in a short time !
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:20 PM   #249
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabun View Post
The point is that microcontroller should be always turned on. You must have separate power supply for microcontroller, so it keeps all settings, even when preamp is off.
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:28 PM   #250
diyAudio Member

Default $eeprom

The point is that microcontroller firmware must write L, R, input, mute values into eeprom every time when you use volume up/down, mute/unmute and input selection because M8515 doesnt know when you turn off it and L, R, input, mute values will be stored in eeprom and next time after powered on the data will be read from eeprom.

Hide this!Advertise here!