Yet another Volume controlers and source selections - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Analog Line Level

Analog Line Level Preamplifiers , Passive Pre-amps, Crossovers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2009, 07:59 AM   #11
danzup is offline danzup  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
danzup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bucuresti
And some pictures with the variant with atmega8515 and alps motor potentiometer build by alex_mm :
http://i26.tinypic.com/9j39dz.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 296gehk.jpg (191.5 KB, 4239 views)
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 07:15 AM   #12
danzup is offline danzup  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
danzup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bucuresti
"Hello Danzup,

I would like to ask a question and I hope I'm not OT cause I've been OT in the "Ebay Hdam module" thread.

Does your relay based ATT suffer from audible click in the speaker ( not the relay) ?

Cause I have a similar ATT I bought off ebay, And It has audible on the speaker click at only 2 points in its attenuation range. "


I give here the answer : no there are not such click or pop in speakers in my resistor r2r or shunt type volume .
Because everything is done properly in soft and in pcb layout of the volume controller .
Every up or down in volume attenuation is done in software by switching to max attenuation (mute ) for 2.... 6 ms (depending on the relay parameters !!! every type of relay have different time for settle ) and then applying the new value .
Ok ?

Last edited by danzup; 15th September 2009 at 07:22 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 07:19 AM   #13
danzup is offline danzup  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
danzup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bucuresti
A little history about all my realizations in volume controllers :
http://translate.google.ro/translate...state0=&swap=1
  Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2009, 04:15 PM   #14
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzup View Post
"Hello Danzup,

I would like to ask a question and I hope I'm not OT cause I've been OT in the "Ebay Hdam module" thread.

Does your relay based ATT suffer from audible click in the speaker ( not the relay) ?

Cause I have a similar ATT I bought off ebay, And It has audible on the speaker click at only 2 points in its attenuation range. "


I give here the answer : no there are not such click or pop in speakers in my resistor r2r or shunt type volume .
Because everything is done properly in soft and in pcb layout of the volume controller .
Every up or down in volume attenuation is done in software by switching to max attenuation (mute ) for 2.... 6 ms (depending on the relay parameters !!! every type of relay have different time for settle ) and then applying the new value .
Ok ?
First of all, thank you , and I want to apologize if I make a stupid question.

This is the stupid question: So you mean to say that your ATT will momentarily mute in between relay transition?
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 06:07 AM   #15
danzup is offline danzup  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
danzup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bucuresti
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchel View Post
First of all, thank you , and I want to apologize if I make a stupid question.

This is the stupid question: So you mean to say that your ATT will momentarily mute in between relay transition?
Yes !
This is what i have explained to you !

And if your kit purchased from e-bay is with atmel atmega I will write for you a new software if you give me the schematics .
  Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2009, 09:26 AM   #16
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by danzup View Post
Yes !
This is what i have explained to you !

And if your kit purchased from e-bay is with atmel atmega I will write for you a new software if you give me the schematics .

Thanks , I greatly appreciate your kindness, But I dont think my att is programable.

Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2009, 01:17 PM   #17
danzup is offline danzup  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
danzup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bucuresti
And another type of volume/selection controller made by me in 2005 .
Who want the soft just ask .
Used I2C port expander from Philips to command the relay PCF8574A .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a5j5lc.jpg (77.8 KB, 4000 views)
File Type: jpg 2usjrlv.jpg (139.2 KB, 3827 views)
File Type: png dmw7pg.png (19.0 KB, 3752 views)
__________________
There are not better tube than 6P3S and 6N2P for my ears !

Last edited by danzup; 25th September 2009 at 01:21 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 01:55 PM   #18
danzup is offline danzup  Romania
diyAudio Member
 
danzup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bucuresti
Default soft for Pga 2310 Pga 2311 Pga4311 with 6 inputs and encoder

@Pryanick
soft for Pga 2310 Pga 2311 Pga4311 with 6 inputs and with dB attenuation on LCD
(the schematics are from Project nr. 2 )
Attached Files
File Type: zip pga2310_1_6_d.bas.zip (2.6 KB, 704 views)
__________________
There are not better tube than 6P3S and 6N2P for my ears !

Last edited by danzup; 18th November 2009 at 02:01 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2009, 02:07 PM   #19
diyAudio Member
 
Pryanick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minsk
Send a message via ICQ to Pryanick
Thank you danzup
I'll test it today in the evening
  Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2009, 03:03 PM   #20
diyAudio Member
 
Pryanick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Minsk
Send a message via ICQ to Pryanick
Default +31.5db max

Hi
I tested firmware today
One question I've got: why only +10db?
Datasheet says that +31.5db max should be.
Danzup, can you fix it please?
Thank you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6671.jpg (232.8 KB, 3419 views)
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
source selector / volume hum in Aikido cbutterworth Tubes / Valves 1 28th March 2007 07:34 AM
Source for volume knobs? Alois Pass Labs 4 3rd July 2005 05:12 PM
IC Controlers for Class D Power stage frozenpod1 Class D 14 17th May 2005 03:25 PM
Swichable source and volume pot. Whats the best way? sounder Chip Amps 2 22nd September 2003 06:29 PM
detented volume pots... source? Mach_Y Parts 2 1st June 2003 05:23 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:28 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2